Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QUESTINO - Future Digital Households

Options
  • 06-03-2002 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

How many of us will OR have multiple platforms,
    cable - mmds - Sky - digital terrestrial,
    and how many already have two or three?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I currently have Sky Digital and NTL's Analogue Basic "service"...tho I plan to get rid of the NTL pack altogether once we get RTE/TV3 on and ITV back (preferably with C4 for the odd time I watch it) and just get a 2nd digibox with a mirrored sub....I know I'll be probably waiting a LONG time for all this, but thats the plan anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I have Sky Digital and analog NTL cable..

I've tried to have my NTL disconnected, but they don't seem keen to do it.. (I've been trying since the 5th January). However, NTL have said they're not going to charge me anything since the 5th January..

No wonder they're having financial difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Have Sky Digital, NTL Analogue & Digital and NTL Broadband. Now that says something really sad about me :p

B

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Correction: Two months, on the button, they've finally gotten around to disconnecting my NTL...

Roll-on RTE/TV3 digital!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sky at the moment but the plan is to get DTT for the other room/bedroom when/if they get started

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Mark McG

Sky downstairs with two antennae on the roof for RTE/TV3. Sky in two rooms with a single digibox. I have the infra-red remote extender. RTE/TV3 all over the house. As soon as Sky+ and mirror subscription is available, I'll get it and also get one of those wireless SCART transmitters for upstairs.

Can't wait!

I have at the moment - Sky digital.
    - Analog aerial-9 channels
    -ITV Digital.
    and will get Irish DTT when it arrives.

mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Sky Digital, Canal+ Blau and thats it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Sky Digital, Ntl analogue, and my old analogue Pace receiver looking at Astra 1 and Hotbird.

I'd certainly consider Ntl digital, but at the moment it's not worth it just to get The Studio and Carlton Cinema (I reckon I have everyhting else on there). If and when there's broadband internet access offered, I'll look at it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭osullima

Sky Digital, NTL Basic package and the old analog satelite is still connected up but gets very limited use since Channel 5 was taken off it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Genghis

Sky Digital in the main living room, RTE/TV3 via rooftop aerial through the house. I am promising myself a wireless digisender with two remote stations - one for the bedroom TV, one to output sound to my stereo in the kitchen (satellite radio).

I find this solution excellent - just missing ITV / C4, and obviously would love the other UK Digital channels. Would probably go for the quad LNB and Sky+ box in a year or two for maximum choice.

I have the system a month, and not once have I had a clash between a programme I want to see, and one I want to record - a problem I always had with Chorus.

Very Happy.

Advertisement