Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itv Regions

Options
  • 05-03-2002 7:20pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine has informed me that he is still receiving all hit ITV regions through “other channels”. At first I didn’t believe him until I called up to see for myself and guess what they were all there.

He is definitely using an Irish subscription and he has a pace digi-box. Any one have any ideas as to how he is still receiving them..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

After reading your post, I checked my "Other Channels" just in case. Sadly still blocked. However I am sure that your friend either has a UK registered box or he has a suscription from a UK address.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

no he definetly has an irish sub as i ordered it for him through the 1800 phone number before christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭Genghis

Don't Know if this is the case SDK, but a question anyway.

If you take out the Irish subscriotion card, the box reverts to 'UK non-subscriber' status. If you then go to 'Other Channels' can you see the other ITV's.

I am guessing you probably need a 'BBC Card' for EPG placement of your local ITV, but maybe all ITV's are still there with no card at all?

i tried that and and it asks me to insert viewing card. when i do all the channels are still there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Genghis
    I am guessing you probably need a 'BBC Card' for EPG placement of your local ITV, but maybe all ITV's are still there with no card at all?
    i wish. if this was the set up we would still have them with the Irish card in the box. it would mean they are FTA

• Advertisement

Sky Digikid could you elaborate.
    does your friends epg only start at 106 Sky one?
    It doesn't have 101 bbc one,103 ITV etc and a live sky one with all the other subcribed channels after that?
    He wouldn't have an NI/UK bank a/c or address by any chance that you weren't told about?
    mm

To the best ok my knowledge every thing is as it should be. EPG starts at 106 and he hold an irish bank account with a waterford city address.

I cant explain this as he is the only person that i know that is still recieving these channels on a irish card

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

SkyDigiKid, how old is his account?

Does he turn off his box each night??

(I only ask, as my folks used to, and we had Tara for a week after it disappeared!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 alfa

UTV and ITV were taken away from Rep of Irl viewers a couple of weeks ago !!!!

Imagine my suprise when I visited my neighbour and he had ITV1 London - West County, Basically the Add in channels when you key in 10832 H 22.0 5/6.

The Installation was put in about 1.5 weeks ago in Dublin.

The installer asked if he wanted ITV and put it in. The only draw back is that BBC1 and BBC2 are listed on the EPG but you are unable to view these 2 channels.

Unfortunately my neighbour didn't pay attention when the installation was being done!!

I have checked the setup of my neighbours and myown (incl. Installer setup) and they appear identical.

Does anyone have any info on this new method of obtaining ITV1???

After reading the above thread I got on to my friend and he has informed me that he does not recieve BBC2 NI on channel on his sky digital platform. So these circumstances may be the same as those mentioned above.
    Strange very strange. But the only difference from the above is that I entered the itv regions into his digi box and not the installer.

• Advertisement

Sky Digi Kid !!

My neighbours digibox is a Grundig

humour me, but what sequence and codes did you use ???

apparently my neighbours digibox was installed after ringing Sky direct.

Sky claim that Electroplus is mainly their agent in Dublin.

I have tried annoying electroplus, basically trying to track down the Engineer but to no avail

:(

Any electroplus engineers out there willing to shed some light ???:confused:

His Digi-box is a pace the one with the two silver panels on the front. The codes whiched i used were the same codes which were available from this message board, the smae code that everybody else used.

They are not "codes" they are frequencies! (in ghz-giga as opposed to mhz or megahertz on fm)

Your digibox is a receiver which can tune these frequencies in!

The difference between your tv and video and your digibox is that your Digibox also has conditional access software which allows Sky to identify your card,name,address etc and consequently give you either an Irish or UK EPG.
    And the "08" message on any channel Sky want to block.
    It appears that in some very rare circumstances, the channels are not being blocked.
    For instance-the case thats being reported that some have Sky one on their BBC cards.
    Theres no way that Sky one is legitimately being given out for free!
    This seems to me to be a "Glitch" and if it's happening to anybody it's very lucky.
    There are Sky installers on this forum who could tell you if they have ever came across this before.
    mm

Spoke to sky customer service

Enquired about the ability to tune in ITV1 still in ROI and was told that whilst it still was possible they would not reveal how.

(As mentioned on previous treads, BBC1 & 2 are on the EPG but u are unable to view them)

The girl from C/S said that this method would be blocked very shortly.

Pressed on when ITV / UTV might appear in the ROI on SKY, I was informed that as far as Sky was concerned that discussions were complete at present and that it would not be appearing on SKY in ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Alfa, thanks for the info (all three times ;) ) , but it sounds as if the person you spoke to hasn't a clue.

ITV1 cannot be tuned in on Sky Digital in the republic by any means (other than having a UK digibox or UK card).

We are most definitely able to view BBC1 and 2 (NI versions).

I doubt very much that negotiations for the carriage of UTV on Sky Digital in the republic are complete.

Unfortunately some of Sky's customer service personnel don't have the latest information to hand, but are willing to make it up as they go along.

Just makin sure your tune in Charles!!;)

Anyway the dis-information is quite frustrating:mad: :mad:

Advertisement