Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cars you will never drive because of insurance

Options
  • 05-03-2002 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

We can always dream...

2004 BMW 6 Series Coupe
    Out next year.

beautiful.. hmm..

ho hum...
    later

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

At last a follow up to the original 6 series...

The 635csi was a car in a million but bloody hard to get hold of one second hand in Ireland.. have been looking for yonks for one in half decent condition, alas to no avail...

There are a few around but all in pretty bad nick and parts for them are expensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

At my last quote a ford focus is out of my league.

1.9 TDi. is all that it is. Cheaper for me to get a taxi everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Looks a bit like that new Aston Martin.. at least it does to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah! The 6 series what a car!

Steve Owen in Eastenders went west in one last Friday,
    pity they blew it up but hopefully it was just a scapper with a lick of paint.

As for cars I will never drive I 'd love a Maserati Ghibli (the origional) proberly the best looking car ever in my view.
    http://www.carsfromitaly.com/maserati/index.html

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

IMHO of course...

The 6-series car is disgusting... its arse is too fat and the nose too sharp.....it looks like a Z8 front glued to the old 7-series rear.

Its meant to drive like a soggy sponge also...

I just dont like it.... 330xi that now is a nice car esp. with the new groovy 18's
    J.

• Advertisement

Now..this is car I really would like....
    Toyota Supra... I had to settle for a 4-Door Civic VTi due to insurance instead....
    Insurance for VTi was IR1k & for Supra (un-modified and checked) was IR1.9k - I am not going to pay that much each year

supra.jpg

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

The ultimate road car your insurance company will love you for.
    (Try getting a quote for this!)

http://www.skylinegtr.com/
    da fast and the furious....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

da fast and the furious....

sums up the Skyline pretty good!
    beast of a car,in MaxPower it showed a 600+ hp r33.pure heaven,

gtr91.htm

5.jpg

the new r35 to be released in a few years,to be honest its pure crap!

so much better
    gtr13.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I dunno about not driving nice cars because of insurance. I've had my own insurance for a year after being on my fathers for 3. In that time I've driven :

my own 1.1 Fiesta
    1.1i Fiesta
    1.2i Punto Sporting
    1.4 Mazda 323F
    2.0i Ford Granada Ghia
    2.0i Mazda 626
    2.0i Galant
    2.5TD Pajero

..........although it turned out my insurance didn't actually cover me for offroaders like the Pajero.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

..........although it turned out my insurance didn't actually cover me for offroaders like the Pajero

Pedestrians aint cheap to kill, especially for a housewife picking up the kids from school :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Gerry

aw, my heart bleeds for you Ba$tard, sure it'd only cost me about 3k to get insured on anything with an engine over 1 litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Originally posted by Gerry
    aw, my heart bleeds for you Ba$tard, sure it'd only cost me about 3k to get insured on anything with an engine over 1 litre.
    I second that....he's only doing this to piss us young male evil killers off

Lads! laf!

When I was 19 I paid 2.2k third-party only on a Fiat Uno Fire which cost me 2k.

This was 8 years ago...so add inflation...I dont know what it works out at...probably 3.5k or so.

I have been paying car insurance for the last 9 years...probably 13k or more....what did I get in return?? 9 paper stickers with a date on it to put on my windshield....Justice enough?

J :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

I have been paying car insurance for the last 9 years...probably 13k or more....what did I get in return?? 9 paper stickers with a date on it to put on my windshield....Justice enough?

and what about in the 10th year ya dont bother paying your insurance and the very nxt day you have a 4 car pile up(all write-offs) kill 3 people and lose a leg?

Pretty screwed there!
    It is a pain in the arse,but,unfortantly its one we got to live with!

LAF Odian...

When I said 'Justice enough' I was referring to the lads taking the ⌠iss about me going on about me whining about 1k insurance :)

J.

Advertisement