Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film 4

Options
  • 05-03-2002 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Film 4, I like the package, much more value than Skys movie packages.
    But since last Thursday, I have been getting these annoying white dots on the edge of the top of the screen on F4 Widescreen movies. It seems to be the teletext data stream but I am not sure. It only happens on some movies.
    Is it me or are other people getting it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I haven't noticed it, i'll check tonight. Is it any particular channel or all of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

All of the movies on Extreme have had it since Thursday, and some of the movies on Film 4. I never watch World so i cannot comment on it.

I have a normal sized 28 inch TV.

I'll check it tonight, i use a widescreen....don't know if that will make a difference.

I checked it out tuesday and wednesday night. I didn't see anything. Is yours still doing it?

I have those dots aswell.
    You will only see them on widescreen movies if you set the digibox to letter box and view on a 4:3 tv.
    If you switch off letterbox and you have a 4:3 tv then they cannot be seen, but of course you lose bits of the picture.
    Don't know about widescreen tv's that can switch-presumably since you are using a full Wide screen with no black bars, then theres no "dots" to be seen?
    mm

• Advertisement

Thanks Madman, now I know its not my equipment.

Carrolls, could you send an e-mail to film four asking them about those dots and let us know here whats causing it ie; tell them to fix it.
    I can't as for some reason I have Film four by accident.
    I don't subscribe and am not being charged for it.
    Their mistake-so their loss :)
    But I don't want them to switch it off.
    thanks
    mm

Madman, No Problem, Watch this space.
    I think I am getting bad value for money with those bloody lines.

I eventually got a reply.

They said that the dots contain digital information that a widescreen tv needs to optimally fill the whole screen.
    However, the dots should not be visible on a 4:3 tv and the problem will be looked into.

;)

Advertisement