Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dish question

Options
  • 05-03-2002 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

Quick question -

What is the most commonly used size and type of dish in Irish Sky Digital instalations ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

It's the larger 'zone 2' minidish which is used here and in parts of Scotland. I'm guessing it must be 60cm across?

HTH,

Glenn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Anyone know where to get the quad LNB for these?

I've noticed the small dishes around Holy head.
    Theres been a few of the tiny ones installed near me also-no complaints,I believe.
    would it have anything to do with the fact that at 800 feet above sealevel,we are nearer to the sattelite:D :D:D
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭bmg

as far as i know the smaller zone 1 dishes work fine except for northern scotland and southwest ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

I think the larger ones are 55cm and the smaller are 45cm.
    Don't go near the smaller ones... They may work ok in good weather but are much more prone to break up during heavy rain than the 55cms as I have seen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement