Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips For What Is Coming Up Next June

Options
  • 04-03-2002 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

So does anyone here have some hot tips on what we might be facing next June? Here is one that i have heard is definite, maybe some of you out there can share yours :)

Applied Maths : In Relative Velocity, a relative wind question was supposed to be coming up last year, needless to say it didn't come up, has a good chance of coming up this year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

one of my teachers is always telling us to stop predicting and just learn everything but that's just so fecking boring...

supposedly human reproduction and the earthworm are quite likely on the higher biology course...

in ordinary irish my teacher is hammering faoilean into us for the main poetry...

anyone any ideas for classics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Apparently, Heany and Boland should come up on the poetry section for honours English.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Dickinson and Shakespeare aswell for the poetry

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

For history the Spanish Civil war is supposed to be a banker question

I don't think it is possible to predict the classics paper...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

I wouldnt bet on the Spanish Civil War, if youre just going by patterns and not actual tips. Its irregular and hard to predict. We didnt bother doing it at all.

As for English, well, I can only say that I hope both of you are wrong... we arent doing either Boland or Dickinson, and i dislike the poetry of both Shakespeare and Heaney. Ironically, Bishop is the only other poet on the course i dislike...

A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by Asuka
    I can only say that I hope both of you are wrong... we arent doing either Boland or Dickinson

Yea, I was getting a wee bit worried about that myself.

Shakespeare is piss easy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Jer

Damn, I was hoping for Longley in English poetry! Only poems I know really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

according to my english teacher who went on some english teacher course thing last year, the department have said that they have no problem with repeating the pattern of the year before i.e. it won't be easy to predict poets and she warned us against it saying that it really is too dodgy but i'm still hoping for heaney :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Yeats County

Heaney and Dickenson are dead certs for the Higher English, i'm certain that Longley won't come up.
    English is an easy enough subject.

Advertisement