Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Digital F1

Options
  • 01-03-2002 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

can anyone that watched the free practice last night tell us what the sky interactive f1 is like?

is it worth the E19.60?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭redabbey

I thought that coverage was excellent. I have been a longterm F1 fan since 1982 and have been to many Grand Prix's in my time.

The choice of coverage to watch made it seem like being at a race.

The pit road interviewer Peter Winsor seems to have a priority access to all the team garages and there was more GP drivers and team managers interviews in last night's coverage that would be on terrestial television in 3 or 4 races put together.

In car cameras are on everycar and you felt the extreme nervousness of Alan McNish as he was the first car onto a wet Melbourne track just as the track opened. Being able to stay watching on-car camera's for a few laps without the usual interuptions gave new insights into the practise session. Every car's in car camera footage is available to the producer for highlights presentation rather than two or three cars in the terrestial coverage.

I am hooked and can not wait until practise tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Watched it last night and damn it's good if your into F1 I think it's worth the money.
    You will no longer have to miss a good dice in the middle because the director has a 'horn' for ferrari.
    Im looking forward to the race though and giving the remote a good trashing ;O)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i think its great. its nearly worth evry euro. its a shame i wont get to watch everyone. the problem is 1 formula one fan vs 3 football fans. i can watch the odd hours races but thats its. i have to fix up the RTE picture in my room to watch all the other races. RTE coverage is crap in comparison.I knew it was bad but i didnt think it was that bad.

i have a few quibbles with the service:
    1. One is there should be a feed of the race on the data channel.
    2. The lack of commentary on all the views.

The best bits are:
    1. The coverage of the pits and the car being worked on. e.g Montoya brake discs on fire in free session 3.
    2. The team to car radio.Its not that clear but i wonder what it will be like in the race.
    3. The graphics on screen of yellow flags and red and the area where the crash is.

I wish i had my own flat but hopefully if i get a job i can get my own place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by Kevin

2. The lack of commentary on all the views.

There is a point to this..which do you want to listen to..Damon Hill or a Ferrari V10 screaming @ 18000 RPM?

There should be a "Commentary on/off" option though for all channels.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 obrien0107

I have heard it is excellent and it has 8 screens,I certainly will be getting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the coverage of the race was super. the best F1 coverage i have ever seen. RTE coverage is like a school project to sky. i pay pay €20 for it. I only wish i could watch them all on Sky but i cant. At least i get to see the next one over paddys weekend when evryone else is on the piss.

i am so high on drinking coke to say awake to watch the grand prix. i cant go to sleep now.

For once i have something positive to say about sky

Advertisement