Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extending digibox2minidish cable

Options
  • 28-02-2002 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hey,

The Sky installer only provided enough cable to situate the digibox in the corner of my living room where the cable enters from outside.

I now want to move my TV setup to another corner of the room. I know from reading these threads that the cable I want to extend is not a standard coax but rather supplies power also.

Are extensions for this type of cable easy to come by? Where can I purchase them? I *think* the connector screws into the digibox so I would need a similar connector on the extension cable.

Any degradation of signal to be expected if I add length to this cable? I assume I won't have to put a new cable in from the dish as I'm afraid of heights ;) !!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ONireland

MAPLIN (www.maplin.co.uk) sell "F-Type" extension cables, where F-Type is the model of connector used on satellite and cable TV products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ronanf

Didn't realise Maplin were in Ireland. Drove down Jervis Street in Dublin today and spotted Maplin on the left. I'll drop in later this week to see if they stock the "F-Type" cable extensions.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Genghis

Originally posted by ronanf
    Didn't realise Maplin were in Ireland. Drove down Jervis Street in Dublin today and spotted Maplin on the left. I'll drop in later this week to see if they stock the "F-Type" cable extensions.

cheers

Good shop, actually. Only problem I have found is that all their prices are in Stg - wasn't so bad when we had IR£, but not good with €. Expect a shock at the till!

Advertisement