Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revision books ?

Options
  • 27-02-2002 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any decent books to help with revision for pass math's ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Less Stress More Success books are great - i do honours, and theyre a vital element of my course (my teacher is rubbish). I imagine they have them for pass as well though.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I really hope they do exist because I dont want to walk into a book shop and go I can I have a less stress more success bokd :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I plan on going and getting myself an armful of these revision books sometime soon, I'd buy them for all my subjects if they did them all, worked a treat for the junior cert. My school operates some sort of book renting scheme, which means that the cost of buying books is eliminated and we only pay a little to rent them, on the downside it means that we are stuck with a load of sub-standard and outdated text books. Take Geography for example, my regional geography textbook was made in 1987, for something like regional geography that's now so out of date it's completely useless, so instead the teacher gives us sheets photocopied out of a decent book, maybe 2/3 sheets per class, and I'm useless with that sort of thing so I have of course lost all my sheets. Sooner I get some of these revision books the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lazer

lads,

ur exams are in 3months and ur only gettin those books now?

have u seen the size of those?

Do u wana wail through another book right now??

ur best bet is to get grinds.

or do those revision crash courses in the Institue of Education at easter, i did those few years ago, i was bolloxed before em, like most of u..

they go through a big chunk of course in a week, and give u savage notes.

some of the leactures actualy write the exams, and nearly all of them publish revison books?

there are best for sublects like, English, All Science's, History, Economics, Maths, Geography

I did French, Physics, Accounting.. accounting wasnt to good though

if ur realy behind... id recomend em

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Revision books will only help so much.......just try working at exam papers yourselves.......if in doubt ask your teacher...even if teacher crap odds are will be able to at least write out an answer for u (asking orally can be a very bad idea).......but at the end fer something like maths the only way to insure a good grade is practice practice practice :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

a few of the revision books in particular are quite good. the lc business less stress more success has all you need to know and is much handier than any of the textbooks and mentor's focus on geography has been flying out the door in the bookshop i work in - moreso than any other revision book. the maths/language revison books are not as good as the ones for those subjects that are more centred on learning off a whole load of stuff bio/business/geog etc.

Advertisement