Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mame.dk Roms No More

Options
  • 25-02-2002 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

It was bound to happen sooner or later, what with copyright issues and the bandwidth charges. Mame.dk will no longer host the popular rom downloads which they have had for so long.

/me plays The Doors - This is the end.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I just went through the following emotions:

===============================
    :eek:
    :confused:
    :mad:
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

its a sad loss to anyone who has used their site .
    Shame they had to go .
    I was wondering now they have been replaced can i post the website were all their Roms can now be found at?
    As it contains other Roms .
    [DaDs]Kdja
    Shameless plug
    [DaDs] A Medal of Honour Clan
    As featured on Ea.mohaa website .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

v. sad to see it go :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Without a doubt the best mame site to come along in a long time.
    I'm sorry to see that it's been forced to remove it's rom section.:(
    It would be interesting to find out which copyright owner/s kicked up a fuss... Then again there's so many to choose from SNK, Capcom etc
    all pretty modern games by emulation standards.
    mame.dk [rom downloads]you will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

/me does a ten gun salute :(

It will be a big loss, it was a great site, but alas the good old bandwidth problems that these sites face has struck again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

im glad i got over a gig of roms on cd from it then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Well, I just got mame, and had time to download Bubble Bobble (mmm..bubble bobble) before the whole thing went poo :(

Anyone got any other mame sites? Or is willing to send me some roms?

mailto: Colm_Lundberg@tourism-sport.gov.ie

I'm afraid all I can offer in return is Bubble Bobble and Dark Seal

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Heres the problem or so i've been told.....

The newer roms they had were the ones that really killed the site.
    From being around emu for ... well .. since the start, it seems that the new roms bring out the
    warez kiddies, so the newer neo geo/cps2 etc. roms were killing their bandwidth, huge files with a massive queue to download them.

Theres rumour that they'll be going back to the non-popular roms that mame is built around.
    Which is fine with me as these are the games that i've started playing again and i still don't quite have a full set of mame roms , its about the only system i don't have a full set for.

mmmmm bubble bobble

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

dident the site disapear before only to return in its full glory.
    well heres to dreaming it comes back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Now that Mame.dk is gone, where the hell are we going to get our roms for Mame???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

ThunderingMike although mame.dk was a well known site there are plenty more like it to feed your hunger for roms.:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

the roms may be gone but it still has the database of mame roms which is an invaluable tool for all of us who are going to have to get our newest roms from less reliable/professional/accurate sites. hell i went through 4 dls of xmen vs street fighter before i got the current one. if i had just looked at the file size in mame.dk there would have been no trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Digifiend

Originally posted by kdja
    its a sad loss to anyone who has used their site .
    Shame they had to go .
    I was wondering now they have been replaced can i post the website were all their Roms can now be found at?
    As it contains other Roms .
    [DaDs]Kdja
    Shameless plug
    [DaDs] A Medal of Honour Clan
    As featured on Ea.mohaa website .
    I think people should send you a private message or email if they want the address, as you can't post it here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ondafly

mame.dk was one of the best sites. games that flooded back memories. Bubble bobble, Ikari Warriors, Double Dragon, New Zealand Story, Bust a move, street figher2, the list was endless, so much fun was to be had. I only regret now i didnt download more!

could some1 PM a good mame rom site

Advertisement