Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

signal strength

Options
  • 24-02-2002 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

me got a big problem ever since parkinson last night on bbc 1 digital my system aint been workign properly, last night it had been changing from max signal strength to nothing and same with quality, it has now stuck at full strength yet no quality it was working fine till yesterday any ideas

ocs

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Most likely you dish is off alignment. The quaility reading is generally more important than strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

Can someone explain the difference (in practical terms) between signal strength and quality?

When first installed the strength of my signal was greater than the quality. Recently this has reversed and the quality seems to be greater.

How do these two parameters impact on the screen?

Should I ignore the ratings if the picture is good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ocs

so whats the deal, what to do?

it comes and goes now
    the quality and strength

Advertisement