Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky news or BBC news 24?

Options
  • 23-02-2002 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Which is better?

I like BBC news 24 better!

Which 24 hr news channel do you prefer? 4 votes

Sky News
    0% 0 votes
    BBC News 24
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ONireland

I've only watched Sky news on channel 5 and at friends house, but I think it is fair to describe it as:
    1. Simple
    2. Smiley
    3. Stupid

BBC News 24 seems to be produced for the more intellectually orientated. I actually like RTE news so I look forward to seeing their 24 hour news service whenever it launches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sky News is cheap and tacky. i only use Sky News for Sky News Active and the sport news.

BBC News 24 is well put together but i only see it overnight on BBC1 and whenever i am in a house with cable. i like it and would love to see it on Sky.

i too am looking forward to RTÉ's 24 hours news channel seeing as Sky News and BBC News 24 would only appeal to me for world events, ie. no Irish news with the exception of the north

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The BBC service is excellent. Sky news is just for morons that read the sun or other tabloids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i'm not voting as i have never seen bbc news 24
    but if its anything like the regular bbc news (which i assume it is) then it would get my vote easily.

when i flick onto sky news, i only ever watch the sports at 20 past the hour, or go to sky news active. sky news is almost as "tabloidy" as tv3 news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Agreed! Tv 3 news makes me shiver!

The sight of that Cantwell and that dozy weatherman.
    Wheres my pills?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ONireland

When I first watched Sky News, I thought it was a spoof!

Honestly, I thought I was watching Bremner, Bird and Fortune! Then the horrible truth came that it was actually just really crap news.

Advertisement