Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Fast And The Furious

Options
  • 22-02-2002 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

Not strictly a motors topic but anywho

Has anyone else seen this yet? I got it on DVD today, ****ing great! I bet the punto modding boy racers all over Ireland feel like **** after seeing that!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Seen it in the cinema the week it came out, arrived on dvd to the house about two weeks ago, have yet to watch it fully (memento came in the same delivery), though flicked through the menus quickly, looks like a decent enough dvd.

It really is a dire movie, most films about cars are (gone in 60, days of thunder etc. etc.), and they tend to talk a lot of **** in it, but damn that s2000 the jap guy drives is nice, and cant wait to hear the sound effects through my system.. apparently they had about 9 mics strapped to every car during the shoot, rather than overlaying sound effects on in post production, worked quite well i thought.

might go watch it now in fact ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

best film i hav seen in ages, cars in it are absouloutly(sp?) brilliant, have a look at this thread to see some pics of some of the cars

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I saw it in the cinema. The cars are great, but the film itself sucks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Ignoring the blatant advertising (NOS is not the only nitrous company as the film would have you beleive, koni aren't the best shocks etc.) I got a good buzz out of it, that yellow skyline made me wet myself. Shame they had to put the jetta in though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

The film was stupid but the cars and women were pretty so it was watchable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Jesus isn't cars and women enough?! What do you expect? A storyline?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Ohh and... memento is cack :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

memento cack? pah no way.

either way, just watched fast and the furious there for the second time (very depressing weekend this ;) ) .. as i anticipated sounds brill in DTS, and after two watchs seems a good bit better (which still aint much) than what i remember coming out of the cinema (mostly laughing).

the women in it aren't all that though ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

It really is a dire movie, most films about cars are

Well considering The Knight Rider wasnt a movie! lol

Some slick cars in it alright,cant beat that Supra though,read in this months Redline that 2 guys wanted to rent it for a car show,it ended up costing less to buy it then rent it!! wheres the logic in that!! lucky guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

My tuppence...
    Great cars.. Fantastic looking women, but terrible movie...

Vin Diesel is great though. I really liked him in Pitch Black (very enjoyable movie)..

But the whole movie seems to be trying too hard to be morally and ethically correct.. (except for the street racing)...

The story the film is based on (an extra on the CD) was far more entertaining..

I'd watch it again though, if only for the cars..

• Advertisement
Advertisement