Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installation of Python on Windows nt 4

Options
  • 22-02-2002 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭

It seems to have fairly nuked nt!

Right now I am using litestep because use of explorer just seems to leave the system totally locked.

I had to boot dos and rm -rf everything to do with python, but clearly some system dlls or something have been nuked, does anyone have any idea how I would go about remedying this situation before managment types come back to the office and say "hmm why are you using litestep and why is the system still basically unusable".

In effect the system is pretty much dead it keeps timing out a "Battery meter" an application that does not appear in the processes list, so wtf is going on.

I have a sinking sensation that I will be reinstalling windows later today, but as this is a development machine, this is an extremely bad thing to have happen....
    any advice appreciated.

Is this you John Wayne..... Is this me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Ich bin nuking nt now (ahh I love saying that haha), I doubt I can wait much longer times a wasting.....

/This os is beneath me\

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

natuarally enough you went into safe mode and tried the whole uninstall etc etc etc etc

being a development machine and therefore very important, you will of course have last nights back up wont you. wont you?

wont you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Of course he doesn't :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

HAEV YUO TRIED CONTROEL AND ALT + DELETE MABYE?

Advertisement