Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Series Links

Options
  • 22-02-2002 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

I use my FTV card to enter programmes into the personal planner as it has the complete EPG. The other night I noticed that on Sky One the British version has Series Links set up but the Irish one does not. I noticed this on Enterprise and South Park.

Wonder why?

Another case of second class citizenship.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Mr Burns

My reply was here

I think that yee want something for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

My reply was here

Yes it was, I replied too but though better of being cynical.

Don't see how pointing out that Series Links are missing from the Irish version of Sky One is wanting something for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Mr Burns

I meant was if you want the full sky service you need to get a uk Contract

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

thats interesting shane, i always wondered why sky1's top shows like enterprise and the simpsons couldnt have the series link option. are sky aware that we cant access it??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Genghis

I can't even begin to speculate as to why this is. It surely is not the result of some decision, I can only guess it is an oversight.

Still, would you not become a bit swamped with reminders? - I don't watch enterprise, but if I could choose series link for say the simpsons, would this not mean i would get up to five or six reminders every day.

BTW I have never seen a show with a series link on any channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Originally posted by Genghis

BTW I have never seen a show with a series link on any channel.

Nor have I. Do they exist at all on the Irish EPG ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

They're on Granada Plus for things, BBC too, and on UK Gold as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Eastenders will give you the option of a Series Link. some programmes on Nickelodeon will give you the option too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have noticed that the series links on Itv dont work properly either. I set up a link for The Bill last week and it didnt work properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Sky have series links available on Sky Sports for Super Sunday and Scottish Football so I dont see why they cant have it on Sky1.

BBC have series links for Eastenders, Question of Sport and They Think Its All Over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement