Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

image compare software

Options
  • 22-02-2002 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

i need a program that can compare images and shows an alert if one of them is 'different'.
    like hundreds of pics from a webcam.

any ideas?

Isegrim

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

wrong forum i think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Not if it's d0nkey pr0n. :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Isegrim

Originally posted by MiCr0
    wrong forum i think

it IS for security reasons, we need such a software till we get a motiondetector for the camera...;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

the a/v board may get a better answer
    or maybe the art/animation board

its more physical security that you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Have you tried Pryme? It's free web-cam software..

It does motion detection..
    And upon detecting motion you can have it play a WAV file, or FTP the captured picture to your designated FTP site.. I'm sure you could do something with this...

Alternatively, you could use some quite simple dos commands or unix commands (using something like MKS toolkit on a Windows box) to compare the two image files, and run a program if there is a difference...

However, there will nearly always be differences between the two images even if there has been no movement, because of subtle differences, such as natural lighting, vibration etc..

Does this help?
    Here's the URL by the way: http://www.hilo.dk/pryme/

• Advertisement
Advertisement