Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTA card URGENT

Options
  • 22-02-2002 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought a sky digibox and card through Ebay which I have just recevied. The card with the box is a blue card with Sky digital on the front and the number 020 476 **5 on the back, left out 2 digits for security. Is this a FTA card or do I need a BBC card still, confused?? If this is a FTA card I wish to assign the card to my ROI box, can I do this if this card has previously been assigned to a UK box and is it the same procedure as outlined elsewhere in the forum

Thanks

Andy Mc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Leesider

The FTA card and box you received are 'married', and cannot be assigned to your ROI box.
    You can use the new digibox with the card and get all the free UK channels, but if you want to use a card on your ROI box, I'm afraid you're going to have to get someone in the UK to order a new card, and 'marry' it to your ROI box.
    Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Andy Mc

Can I not use the card from this UK digibox and re-assign it to my ROI digibox, I can tell them that I am in the UK and that my existing digibox (UK digibox) got damaged and that I want to marry my card to my new (ROI digibox) . Will they buy that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Hi,
    I beleive you can only have one card paired to a box at the one time, so it wouldn't work. Also, you can only change the details on the card if you know the name and address of the person that actually got the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Just like to point out that as far as I know ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 should work without having to get the card married to the box.

Reassigning the card might be tricky. It is not usually done and they may cross-reference things a bit more than usual.

Be careful as they could block the card.

I beleive you can only have one card paired to a box at the one time, so it wouldn't work.

Not the case as you can have more than one card married to a box. The confusion comes from the fact that the viewing card can be married to only one box.

So simply, because I'm confused after reading the last sentence, digibox can have lots of cards, but card can only live in one digibox.

This is how some of us with FTV cards are operating, simply switch the cards when you want the UK channels and then back for all of the Sky channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

[Ignorance] But aren't there two slots on a standard Digibox? Couldn't you have your Sky Card in one slot and the FTV card in the other? [/Ignorance]

We really need a FTV FAQ!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

the other slot is for an interactive card
    <whatever that is>

Firstly, I can confirm that if you have a FTV card that has been activated in a digibox you can put it in any other digibox and it will unlock ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5. All of the BBC TV channels (except Parliment) are blocked.

The Interactive slot is for a "Mondex" card. This was initially going to be used for online shopping, but they are using the modem now, or so I am told.

For more check http://www.mondex.co.uk

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Andy Mc
    Can I not use the card from this UK digibox and re-assign it to my ROI digibox, I can tell them that I am in the UK and that my existing digibox (UK digibox) got damaged and that I want to marry my card to my new (ROI digibox) . Will they buy that?

What about when they ask you "Can you confirm your name and address?" Do you know the details of where the box should be?

Advertisement