Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superquinn or Tesco?

Options
  • 21-02-2002 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Which is the better store our own homegrown Superquinn or the Uk's Tesco?

I know which I prefere!!!!!!!!!!Do you??????????????

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Superquinn of course :)

It would be better if you did it as a poll..

Whats this got to do with food/drink too?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

because about 75% of food and drink are commonly bought in a supermarket?

used to shop in superquinn all the time, much better range and quality, good bit dearer though... then we all lost our jobs in Tusa, so we shop in Tesco, which does just as well and come out with 20quid extra a week from the shopping :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Although Tesco does sell lots of Irish produced goods, one must bear in mind that the profits are still leaving the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Also quite a lot of their Irish produce is from Northern Ireland afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

It has to be superquinn! You can't beat superquinn sausages. nyom nyon........My saturday morning fry just wouldn't be the same without them.
    They make them themselves in store.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Superquinn is a fscking rip off, since the euro changeover prices have gone up quite a bit.
    Cúnts.

(ues to work there and have a deep and abiding hate for it)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Ohhhh, those Jumbo sausages that superquinn make are the best munch ever they're so munchie and lovely to put on a rolll

yyyyyymmmmmmmmmm

God, I'm starving at this point now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Superquinn, Tesco just buy Irish produce to make ppl buy their stuff at greater prices than they sell it to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I have never set foot in a Superquinn. And Tesco tends to vary hugely from store to store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Superquin
    they in house food is usually lovly
    tesco = kinda generic crap tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

superquinn, nice smell whne ya walk in in the morning....emmmm freshly baked bread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

The Only problem about this is that there aren't very many SuperQuinns. I live in Cork and the first and Only one I have seen is up here in Clonmel(where I go to College). I find thaty superquinn is pretty good but Tesco do have that shopping online thing. Its got a couple of bugs in the system but it works pretty good most of the time. I guess both of the stores are really good. Both have really nice spicy wedges!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I get all of my Food in Superquinn which is much better but we sometimes go to tesco for lunch coz its soo close. mm.. chicken thighs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

Superquinn is a fscking rip off, since the euro changeover prices have gone up quite a bit.

I work there,and for a fact the prices did not go up at the changeover,they went up beginging of Nov.Anyway you have no real point because prices have gone up everywhere not just one shop,look at the price of a pint ffs.
    Although Tesco does sell lots of Irish produced goods, one must bear in mind that the profits are still leaving the country.

There not really if you think about it,how many staff do Tescos in Ireland,not just in their shops but producers and suppliers

The customer service in Superquinn could not be better,i should know,work there afterall,that customers is always right,even though in most cases totally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

i prefer superquinn, if only cause i worked there.
    i was on the salad bar during the summer-the pay was good, i'm proud to say i did little work, and i got to eat salad all day long.
    the salad is a rip off though-they get huge tubs of a few different ingredients and mix them in different ways. then they double or triplr the price.

Advertisement