Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help With FTA Card

Options
  • 21-02-2002 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello,

Can someone let me know if I get a BBC FTA card using a buddy of mine in the UK with his address, and my digibox serial number, when I insert the card in my ROI digibox, and have the BBC activate the card, will I then be able to swap cards on the my ROI digibox or will the BBC activation interfere with my current SKY viewing card?

Joe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stiabhna

Joeseph,

Should work ok. I got a NI BBC card last year and got it "married" to my Irish Sky box (for which I have a family package subscription). It works fine. When you swap the cards, it takes a while to get the other EPG. I've noticed, however, that it works slightly faster if you swap the cards when you're watching a channel that is common to both cards (like BBC).

Cheers,

Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Joseph01

Thanks Stephen.

Do you know if the BBC perform any checks on the UK address that is given. ie. Is there a current TV license registered to that address, or do they just post out the FTA card to this address.

Joseph.

They just post out the card at present.
    There is an adequate section looking after the license dodgers!
    Your friend will have to post the card to you when they get it.
    Then you leave it in your box all day and it should work.
    If not you may have to ring the bbc card section and get it activated ,pretending to be ringing from your friends address,of course andgiving your Irish boxes serial number.

There is no cross checking as to whether there is an Irish sub attached to a box as yet-but that might happen later :(
    But then by the time it does, all these channels will probably be on the Irish card and there'll be no more issues.
    mm

Advertisement