Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insufficent Credit? Please help

Options
  • 21-02-2002 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

I would appreciate it if someone could help me with the following problem.

When I try to oredr a PPV Movie i get a message on the screen. ""Insufficent credit please contact the below phone numer ....................."

How is this the case. I never had a problem accessing these services before. It has just happened out of the blue. However previous to this message I think I may have been getting PPV events for free as I was never billed for anything ordered through the telephone line. Is there something wrong with the card? or have sky coped that I was getting them for nothing, or has anyone any idea the problem I have. Will i get a massive bill for all the PPV events I seemed to have got away with for at least six months now. I am a sky subscriber in Southern Ireland.

Any solutions would be great, as at the moment I cannot order anything. Is the only solution to ring Sky and tell them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

You have reached the spending limit on the card which is about €70, you have to connect the box to the phone line and dump your card contents, and next month you will recieve a bill to the effect...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭kgt272

Thanks for the reply, chernobyl
    I have connected to the phone line but nothing had happened. I thought that you get billed per individual event or even worst case scenario billed every month, but i have never got a bill. I forgot to mention that i used to get a bill when i first got sky over 2 yrs ago for PPV events,, usually every month.

Is there a special way to dump the contents, do you have to go into some special options or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Try this then.
    Go to /services/parental control/spending limit.

If you are allowed to change the limit then i was wrong, if it gives you a message saying "call this number to change the limit" then sky will ask you to connect the box up and will read the card and bill you.

Advertisement