Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

network drives and a secure policy for nt4 with sp6a.

Options
  • 20-02-2002 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

We have 3 labs, each lab has a network drive mapped for the students to save their work on.

The problem is that they seem to think it's funny to disconnect the network drive and then the next unsuspecting person that uses the pc afterwards starts giving out that they can't save their work and that they have no network drive mapped. So I get called upon to run around and reconnect the network drives.

Is it possible to implement a domain policy so that they can't disconnect network drives?

Or could I implement some form of script on the server so that network drives are automatically connected upon logon or reboot so I can just tell them to reboot/log off and back on again and save myself a bit of time in the long run?

server is running win2k server Sp2 and clients are running Nt4 with Sp6a.

I've also been hearing rumours about policies not working properly with later service packs on nt, is there any truth to this? :confused:

Advertisement