Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8:02PM on 20/02 2002

• 20-02-2002 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

Just got this in my mail:
    It'd be a shame to miss it. For all you digital clock types, at 8.02pm on February 20 this year it will be an historic moment in time - something will happen which has not occurred for 1,001 years and will never happen again.

As the clock ticks over from 8.01pm on Wednesday, February 20, time will, for sixty seconds only, read in perfect symmetry 2002, 2002, 2002, or to be more precise - 20:02, 20/02, 2002. The last occasion that time read in such a symmetrical pattern was long before the days of the digital watch and the 24-hour clock - at 10.01am on January 10, 1001.

And because the clock only goes up to 23.59, it is something that will never happen again.

What I'm thinking tho is what about 21:12, 21/12, 2112?

That seems to be just as symetrical to me or am I missing something? Maybe it is the last time we will have zeros in the ole' symetry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

I don't actually care myself to be honest. I don't think I would get some great joy from staring at a clock for this event - gee wiz something to tell the grand kids !!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ye, and what about 22:22, 22/22, 2222?
    I mean, come on now thats a symettricity of life if ever.. I saw... um.. hmm... 22, maybe not, Ok I'll get me coat

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

or 20:03 , 20/03 , 2003

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

That isn't quite symetrical.. more repetetive :) 20:03 30/03 3002 would be symetrical tho :)

I have to say I won't be watching the clock either tbh

Or as I pointed out before:

11:11 11/11 1111

10:01 10/01 1001

They're gone by but they still count :). Whoever sent out the email thought he was a mathematical God obviously when he realised that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

A quick look at my watch:

12:59:25 20 - 02 - 2002

Thats as unique as any other time. Whats the big deal with symmetrical times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i really couldnt care less tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Maybe there's more to it than that..

The Stars, the Moon, the Sun will all be in alignment for precisely 60 seconds, to which the Universe will keep moving in the same way it has, from when time was 10.01 12/01 1001 and Richard Kimble is relieved the hear the one-armed man has been apprehended. Check him out on Network 2 @ 20.02 20/02 2002....

Do you think that there were people standing and sitting around a Board at 10.01 10/01 1001 A.D and someone saying "Do you know that this morning at exactly 10.01 ......................."

I wonder.........

By the time they had carved their "post" onto an ancient Stone bulletin board the 60 seconds would have been well gone anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

What I'm thinking tho is what about 21:12, 21/12, 2112?

That seems to be just as symetrical to me or am I missing something? Maybe it is the last time we will have zeros in the ole' symetry?
    You're not missing anything.
    http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/trivia/symmetry.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

But seriously lads do you think you'll sleep better tonight ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

I will....

With a load of booze, boasting a massive hang over tomorrow....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Panda

Who cares?

This is just another meaningless coincidence.
    Isn't time just a human conception?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

if you post during that time oyu will be given an extra 5000 posts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Who's this oyu chap and why does he get all the posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

well i think it goes without saying i'll be posting at that time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

michaelandwillisWOW.jpg

It was recently discovered that research causes cancer in rats

That image is being used so much that it could almost qualify for being made into a boards.ie playing card.

feck i 4got all about it ... oh well next time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

did anyone try this ?

Just curious.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

A 6 year bump. What the hell were you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Wtf?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

my 21st was on 04/04/04 and at 04:04:04 that night I was unconscious in a pool of my own sick, that is all.

edit: Hey zuutroy, we joined boards at the same time, boards buddy's 4eva? high five??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

MarkR wrote: »
    A 6 year bump. What the hell were you looking for?

Looking for a thread on the 8:02PM on 20/02 2002 phenomenon !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,052 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

*yawn* next thing youll tell me the whole 2 thing is symbolistic of relationships which is another link to the month of february...

I'm sorry I poured my remaining faith for the next 6 months into what happened last night: me and my mate are out the back smoking, I say 'yea lifes been real **** but its going to start getting better' (or something to that drunken effect) - zoom. Shooting Star.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I was thinking wtf is the OP on about. It all makes sense now.

I was wondering why the OP was telling us this ... 6 years late.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Goddamn necro threads, stealing little chunks out of my life before I notice. When will it end?!

Eewwww I used to use txt spk!
    How queer!