Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESPN Classic Sports now testing

Options
  • 18-02-2002 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

ESPN Classic Sports is now testing on 12.343 H (27.5 2/3)
    It is the bar with no id.

Its showing promos of old water sports clips, in addition to boxing, old olympic coverage etc.

In several areas the sound is dubbed in French!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

is there any sign of any other espn's around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

a channel showing old sporting moments would fit right in on the EPG IMO. when Sky had the Sky Sports Gold thing going (i think it was on Sky Sports 3 when it first started) it was very enjoyable but it went and now all we have is the odd programme like Boxing Gold. roll on ESPN Classic Sports :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Phelim 3:16

If ESPN Classic Europe is anything like its American counterpart it will be excellent. I had a quick look on the net and the American version sounds great. Rumble in the Jungle days and other days dedicated to the Chicago Bulls etc.! Also I saw that ESPN Classic Europe have bought up the rights to show classic Australian Open Tennis. While I am not a tennis fan, I hope it is a signal of intent on their part. I can`t wait to see it on the EPG.

Phelim

Advertisement