Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky and PPV Interactive F1......

Options
  • 13-02-2002 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭

Just read a thread on another forum about PPV interactive F1.
    It is has beem announced that Sky are going to be charging £12 sterling for viewers in the UK to watch it. It's a bit steep.
    Wonder how much it will be over here?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

My guess is around €20. I wonder if there will be a season ticket like for Premiership+:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

let's hope there is. £12stg is too expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

I believe that Premiere Sport only charge €5 per race but if you suscribe to their sports package F1+ is included.

Palco/Taquilla PPV channels etc also charge €5 per F1 weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

F1 Digital + is now on EPG 434 showing a promo, of the different angle and interactive services that will be available

It states the price is:

Republic of Ireland: 19.60 Euro
    Uk : 12.00 Sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

does it give price info for ROI???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the price of each weekend is €19.60.i just done the maths. at todays exchange rate £12 british pounds was equal to €19.71. ncie to see they not ripping us off on the exchange rate. i wonder if the excange rate changed by a lot would it mean a price cut.

i might buy it the first weekend to see what its like, i be even tempted to buy a season tickect.

rumour has it that they are not doing a season ticket for the coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ONireland

£12!! £12!!! :eek:

No, I don't want to buy the satellite! I only want to pay for the programme!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

where did you hear this rumour?

Originally posted by dmeehan
    where did you hear this rumour?

Digitalspy.co.uk forum. I think somone there got an e-mail from sky stating it won't be available on a season ticket type thing.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by spanner_head
    rumour has it that they are not doing a season ticket for the coverage.

There is no rumor, there is no season ticket, i dont know how any rumour got started that there was as they only had to call Sky and have it confirmed a "no no".

no season ticket, no money from me. how many more Sky subscribers think that way. almost 4 times the cost of the European average!!!!!! not a chance

I will certainly check it out in Melbourne as Murray is supposedly commentating (i read that on DS) and i have not had commentary in years, so it would be nice to finally hear what hes like for real.

But €20 is off the wall, and if peeps knew what Premiere/Palco/Taquilla/Tele+ and many more asked for these PPV's they would go crazy.

Originally posted by chernobyl
    I will certainly check it out in Melbourne as Murray is supposedly commentating (i read that on DS) and i have not had commentary in years, so it would be nice to finally hear what hes like for real.

But €20 is off the wall, and if peeps knew what Premiere/Palco/Taquilla/Tele+ and many more asked for these PPV's they would go crazy.

But how many people can affford to all the equipment you need to get the F1 coverage from other satellites. i am sure if you worked it out. €20 a weekend is a lot cheaper than a whole lot of equipment. We all know Sky are a monolopy but who can take try and compete agaist them.

I am looking forward to the digital interactive coverage. but i wont be able to get every weekend. i get it for Melbourne, but i usually stay up to watch it and end up falling alseep. So it might be a waste of money.It could not be any worse than the RTE coverage (Peter Collins shouting all the time and them missing the important parts when they go for a break)and i cant receive ITV now that its gone of Sky.I was looking forward to seeing the ITV coverage. But i wont be able now.

20x17=€340

A cheap reciever and CAM and Unoffical CARD and Programmer you would get away with €400 and much much less second hand, i have seen amazing deals in buyandsell.
    You already have a dish and LNb.
    With that setup you can watch what you want and from the provider you want.

I am not advocating piracy here and if you manage to get an offical subscription to any of these providers for F1+ then let me know as i tried and tried and tried and failed.

i agree that you could do it that way but not even has the knowhow to do it. But a not many people are that desperate to see Formula 1.

is there english commentary on the other providers of interactive F! coverage.

Most of them have an English audio channel and some even use ITV commentary, but we normally turn it off and scream for 2 hours.

DSF - Free Practice LIVE
    RTÉ/ITV/RTL - Qualifiing and Race LIVE. great for when ads come on. switch to another channel

it may not be interactive but most of the weekend is there.
    all you need is a dish pointing at 19.2 degrees east with a receiver (analogue or digital) and most importantly it is free

Thats fine, but im a Schumi fan, the rest just make up the numbers, considering that there is a "leader CAM" and also schumi's car seems to have 2x as many onboard CAMs, i like F1 in Digital.

Just thought i let you know that there is now 2 channels labelled with the F1 digital plus label at 12.148H. one of them is the one that is on the EPG because it has the correct now and next data.

The other has "further Schedule infomation is not available" in the now and next banner. I wonder what it is for? , or we going to see channels for each feed in the interactive coverage.

• Advertisement

Ofcourse there will be seperate channels, up to 6, this in not the junk SNA kind of interactive.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭redabbey

Does anybody know if the coverage includes all the practise sessions plus the morning warm and if there will be any highlights package?:confused:

Jeasus, why dont you just look at 434?

yes, it has all that m8.
    ;)

i found this on the sky sports website. No mention of a season tickect.
    MORE F1 DIGITAL+ DETAILS REVEALED
    Sky Sports have revealed more information on the new interactive motor racing channel for Sky digital subscribers - F1 Digital +.

Interest has been high ever since the announcement was made that Sky Sports would be showing Formula 1 racing this summer, and now skysports.com can bring you the latest news.

The service will include live practice, qualifying and race coverage from each Grand Prix weekend will be broadcast by the new pay-per-view channel through a range of interactive options.

Viewers will enjoy greater access to the world of F1 than ever before with coverage beginning on 1st March at the practice for the Australian Grand Prix, live from Melbourne.

Throughout Practice, Qualifying and the Race itself, viewers of F1 Digital + can choose from a range of interactive options, which include:

Live uninterrupted studio-based F1 coverage

Live pits and paddock coverage including driver interviews

Live coverage dedicated to the leaders

Live coverage focussed on the current 'major battle' wherever it is in the field

Live on-board feeds from the cockpit of selected cars

A stream of live data from practice, qualifying and race action

Race weekend highlights, updated constantly

A super track featuring the best action from the above feeds with a separate commentary
    Each three-day Grand Prix weekend on F1 Digital + will be priced at £12 and will be available to all Sky digital subscribers.

Viewers can order an event by calling 08702 418 111 or, from 48 hours before coverage starts, through their TV by using their digital remote control.

All broadcasts are on Sky digital channel 434. Once coverage for the weekend starts, viewers who take the event can press the red button on their Sky digital remote to access the interactive menu with its range of viewing options.

Further programming announcements for F1 Digital + and details on the on-air look and interactive functions will be made in due course.

Advertisement