Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mouth ulcer

Options
  • 11-02-2002 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

so only 3 days to go till valentines day, and here i am with a mouth ulcer !! how am i supposed to maul my girlfriend now ?

so the question : what methods should be used to rid myself of this ailment, or must it run its course ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Bonjella.

It wont get rid of it but it will kill the pain.

kayos

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Just chew it out of your gob - I hear it offers valuable nutrition and vitimins...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

yep im on the bonjela already, thought there may be a quicker method

im on the whisky too, which fun
    *hick*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I know that this may seem a little bit crazy but it works.

Get some salt and sprinkle it on the ulcer. Brace yourself as it may sting a little bit. Writhe in agony, and repeat. It may seem a little drastic but it works.

If you arn't up to that, use some salty water. Season to taste and rinse your mouth out. As before the stronger the solution the better.

It has worked for me many times, so good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Here's the ol' classic method!

Suck in the ol' Vitamin C with some Oranges and Blackcurrent!

I doubt it will heal it by Thursday, though!

I've got one on its way too! How quick is the salt method?

• Advertisement

ya my girlfriend says thats wat she does, but then again, shes an evil woman

Its been a while but i think that a dose around 8PM and another before bed should cure it by the morning.

oh and don't be tempted to rince your mouth out with water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

No rinsing?!!!!! Christ! what the hell does it do? Weld it shut?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

An old traditional remedy, which still works stupendously well, is to slit a raisin and rub the flesh of the fruit on the mouth ulcer, holding it in place with the tongue. This is sore at first, but the ribulocin in raisins is a derivative of the compound used in bonjella itself. It's cheaper, more effective in some reported cases, and does explain why bonjella somewhat tastes like raisins :P

Occy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I have to stand up for Bonjella! Its amazing stuff.. maybe there is something better but i have not found it.. for instance i was eating one day and i bit my mouth, caught it at the back with my wisdom teeth and bit a big chunk out.,. a little sore and some blood but stopped after a while.. pain however got worse and by the end of the week it was very annoying.. no bonjella though, could not find it.. a week later it was still there as bad as ever, was not healing as my mouth is always moving in that area and my teeth rubbing agains it.. that and food getting stuck.. anyway found the bonjella and the next morning it was no longer sore and half healed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Yeah and bonjella tastes great too!
    I use TCP if its at the front of the mouth - stings like a bitch but works fast for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I use glycerine, it's always worked for me. I just know that my Ma told me to use it and it always worked and quickly too....

So its the day after Valentine's. How did things go?(with the ulcer of course)

better than expected. what was needed to be done [hur hur] was done [hur hur] without any direct lip contact

and thats all im gona say ;)0

ah love

Advertisement