Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving Documents to a web server!!!

Options
  • 07-02-2002 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi All...

This is probably something to do with IIS/NT Security so I have posted it here aswell!

If I have a document Management system that has links to all types of Documents on an Intranet... Internet. If I click to view the document I am specifing a URL to the Source. If I make changes to that document I want to save it back in the Document Location. How can this be achieved.

I could use a UNC path, but it may be the case that this is actually hosted outside of an Organisation or someone. So I really have to use a URL.

I am not sure either of the type of document that the user will have... It could be wordperfect, word or even just a text file.

Just need to save this back to the Server!

Any help on this is appreciated.

Regards

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

SPAM ALERT! SPAM ALERT! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 bwoods

I have a problem that could be related to

1) IIS/NT Security so I posted it in there.

2) It could be related to OLEAutomation etc so I posted it under Apps.

3) and it could be related to Programming.. so I put it in there.

It is in 3 places... for the reasons being that I probably need a perspective from 3 places.

It is not Spam.......

Useful, meaningful posts would help me rather that crap from yourself!

Advertisement