Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ever rented a car while on Holidays?

Options
  • 07-02-2002 12:36am
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering, was it good value, how was the condition of the car, were you totally satifised with it?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Yeah last year in America...
    Drove from Boston to new York via Cape Cod...
    Rented from Avis
    Car was a mitsubishi Galant auto.. probably 2 litre... it was brand new, less than 200 miles on it before I got it... (felt much "softer" than a european setup).
    Forget the price but it was decent value... except for the Insurance.... it was my first time driving abroad so when she asked me if i wanted property liability insurance, I said i'd better go for it, although it was optional.... (like if I drove into someones fence/house whatever and they sued me for up to $1m or whatever).
    So check into your insurance options before you travel... Afaik, paying by gold Visa will only cover any injury to yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

If you think I am moving this to the Travel/Hols forum, think again Sean.
    Its staying right here.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

What's this then? Travel Motor wars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

In Spain last year we got a nice Seat Cordoba,had air con and all elec,ya have to have a full irish licence to get one.

Make sure you dont choose a company whcih looks at all dodgy,also look around the prices vary big time from place to place

Advertisement