Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

OJ wants to know...

Options
  • 06-02-2002 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭

What type of car do you have? Does it ever give you any trouble? Would you recommend it? Is it comfortable? Do you like it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hmmm, how can i get a threads moved to the motor forum to increase traffic.

i have a mazda roadster. 2 seat convertable.
    its lovely, not a jot of trouble, id recommend it to anyone who does not have a family and wants to be completely selfish.
    its very comfortable once you get used to getting into a low car.
    getting out takes extra effort :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

If you think I am moving this to the Motors forum, think again Neil.
    Its staying right here. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Bah, this thread just stands out, moved to Motors forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Seriously though: What type of car do you have? Does it ever give you any trouble? Would you recommend it? Is it comfortable? Do you like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

at the moment i am driving a work transit 01 reg. It is far nicer than the older model to drive, though it lacks the power in the lower revs. An extra cup holder allows for a choice of drinks(hot coffee and a contour bottle of coke)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I had an 86 Opel Kedit for a couple of years ago... it lasted me 3 months!
    I didn't really mind the leak, the wobbly steering, no hand break, bawled tires, no horn, strange smell well the list goes on and on... long story short one day it stopped so i hacked it to bits with a sledge hammer and a slashers :)

Obviously i didn't drive it on the road... was great fun to drive, never know whats gonna happen next, like if i press the brake will it stop or if i turn the wheel will it go where i want to go :D

Scared the shít outta my brother more times hee hee
    Ah happy memories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I drive a 98 VW Caddy, it's a 1.6 diesel and to honest I wub driving it. Yeah it's not the fastest or greatest at cornering and I tend not to overtake when other cars would have no problem but it's really comfortable to drive long distance and more importantly it's entirely free.

It didn't come with a cup holder but I have one that clings onto the driver window. Without it I would be very unhappy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

I have a 98 Civic VTi 4-door black.

It took me 1 1/2 years to find this model and it was worth the wait. Great power at low tax costs. 160bhp from a 1.6 as stock. The only real thing it shares with the standard civic is the shell. Everything else is stiffened and toughened. Factory-dropped 15mm, it holds much better on the road, with engine bay front strut bars as standard.

I have this car for the last 18 months and to be honest, it has never given me any trouble whatsoever and is quite economical when driven at leisure. Over 5,500rpm, the damn thing SUCKS juice when the Vtec kicks in, but fun at the same time. It doesnt lend itself easily to an Audio installation (being Japanese all things are small (i.e. looms into front doors).

I am not a boy-racer and I truely dislike it when young fellas drive up behind me and see the VTi badge and expect a race to the imaginery finish-line.

Anyways,
    Theres may 2 cent.
    James.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Jap Import 1995 1.6 Mazda 323.

Great Car, has air conditioning, not particularly fast but it is a very comfortable drive. Haven't had any real problems with it (touch wood). I definately will buy a Mazda again (or maybe a Honda).

Oh I got a 6 CD-Changer slapped into it as well, thats now a necessity for me :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Before the transits I drove a Seat Inca, which is by all accounts the same as the Volkswagon Caddy. So I have to agree with amp that it ain't too bad. well it was until i hit that forklift. now there is a wierd rattle, the bonnet will not close, and there is a serious reduction in power. Apart from that it was great. Free diesel so i got to see a fair bit of the country this summer

• Advertisement
Advertisement