Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mijag

Options
  • 06-02-2002 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭

Young drivers niminate David Green to run in general election. More information here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

yea been lookin at that site a few times.. some really good work been done,but as it can be seen,any atempt to reduce the cost of insurance is shot down by some person heading some crappy commitee about nothing!!

bloody beurcarcy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Well....

I was at the Cork protest there last weekend and I must say although it is for a very very good cause(I know - I drive a 160bhp CIVIC) it was a complete farce.

The protest around the city had zero or little affect apart from beeping.....

.....the convoy was completely broken up..only a few cars managing to keep together...

.....the protest went at traffic speed as opposed to PROTEST speed (i.e. 5mph) and sometimes with the help of retarted boyracers showing off went at even faster-than-traffic speed...

....I was embarrassed to be there being honest. The organiser asked for all people involved to use their brain for as little as 1 hour and to act responsibly and respectfully.....most did....the rest revving their little stupid engines and spinning wheels....

I ask the people who do this....do you think i) everyone thinks you are sooo cool or ii) a retart wanna-be show-off trying to endager lives of pedestrians and motorists alike by doing this...if I need to answer the question for ye, then ye cant be helped...

1 guy with his 3 buddies infront of us in a white Pug 205GTi WITH NO BACKBOX continually revved out his engine. And his buddies cheering inside the car...like hello? "And the winning of Group of idiots goes to...."

I just think if MIJAG are going to move forward, then we need to win the hearts of the public and not scare the living daylights out of them as they try to cross Patrick's street on a busy Saturday afternoon.

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

I agree with what Odian said, MIJAG's objectives are (obviously) good, but I don't think they are going about it in the right way. I think more court cases, like David Greene's one would be a good way of keeping the protest in the news, as there were updates in the press almost every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Ba$tard
    The protest around the city had zero or little affect apart from beeping.....

And I dont mean any disrespect to you by saying this but I think the general feeling was "Ohh, theres all the boy racers again". Because lets face it.. there were a LOT of boy racers at that protest... speeding around like idiots.

It might have been a good idea to take them aside and explain to them the meaning of 'protest' before setting off on the trip.. Aww well, theres always next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Heh Rimus,

No disrespect taken ;) I aint a boyracer, no thank you...a bit on the old side for that crap anyways :) and I havent modified my car either :) heh I think Honda engineers know best what to put on and KEEP OFF their cars seeing as they designed it :)

I totally agree with you....that was the sentiment I was feeling from the public also... To be honest, I should have know that it would have turned into such as it did as soon as I saw the crowd in the Lee Fields.. (no offense to any normal people there :p )

Anyways, in a more proactive stream, I think the campaign needs to be directed in a more offical manner and not to be used as a tool for Sinn Fein recruitment :( IMHO of course.

J.

• Advertisement
Advertisement