Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Star Trek Film?

Options
  • 05-02-2002 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

We all know 5 was by far the worst ;) but which did you like best? :)

Best Movie? 42 votes

the motion picture
    0% 0 votes
    the wrath of khan
    2% 1 vote
    the search for spock
    38% 16 votes
    the voyage home
    2% 1 vote
    the final frontier
    7% 3 votes
    the undiscovered country
    0% 0 votes
    generations
    9% 4 votes
    first contact
    2% 1 vote
    insurrection
    38% 16 votes
    Ha Ha trekie nerds :p
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Seeing as their is no Atari Jaguar option i will have to go for First Contact :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i did put in a "ha ha trekie nerds" option ;)

No replacement for Atari Jaguar.

ya well if i put that in everyone would vote for it :p

Thats because Atari Jaguar is always right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Kaids is right you know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I have to disagree with you azezil I thought STV was good! I hated three though. Still went out and bought the collectors edition DVD! By the way does everyone know that the entire first season of ST TNG is coming out on March 4th. It comes in a nice fancy box set!

Amazon

It works out a good €30 cheaper getting it from amazon than HMV when it comes out! Even with the currency change!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The Undiscovered Country is best... by miles.

- even if only for the scene at the end from "where's that damn torpedo!?" to the corny/clichéd zoom-in on Kirk kneeling down, clenching his fist and profoundly saying "FIRE!" on to Chans explosive death after uttering "to be or not to be" ... class stuff!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

VEEEGER! VEEEEEEEEEGER!!!
    I wuved the first one, it was a more 2001: Space Oddysey then the by the numbers action flicks than the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i have to say Wrath Of Khan, Voyage Home or First Contact.

but i voted Voyage Home, just for "admiral, there be whales here!" or scotty's encounter with the 20th centuary computer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

most definetly the Wrath of Khan... ricardo(guy from fantasy island) made such a great klingon and rival to Kirk.

Well now some surprises, some not so surpriseing...
    wasn't surprised so many people voted for 2 and 8, 1 was a surprise but since it was amp it hardly constitutes a serious reply :p , someone voted 3! interesting choice. 2 for voyage home... fasinating and 3 for undiscovered country ... to be expected i suppose. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Originally posted by Bard
    The Undiscovered Country is best... by miles.

- even if only for the scene at the end from "where's that damn torpedo!?" to the corny/clichéd zoom-in on Kirk kneeling down, clenching his fist and profoundly saying "FIRE!" on to Chans explosive death after uttering "to be or not to be" ... class stuff!!!

corny/clichéd indeed. Still one of my fav movie moments of all time.

I used to have a reasonably high quality AVI of that scene ;(

Still voted for First Contact tho :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

Wrath of khan, voyage home, undiscovered country - theyre my 3 favs in order.

3 ****test would be :
    Insurrection - almost made me throw up
    Generations - made me want to break a porcelain doll over picards bald head
    Final Frontier - made me wanna shoot william shatner for singing row row row your boat, 1 album was bad ****in enough why does the torture have to continue.

First Contact was alright too i reckon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I voted for the undiscovered country. Twas either that or wrath of kahn. Personnally, i thought First contact was for the brainless action-movie type of trekkie fanboy

as for insurrection and the whole controlling the enterprise with a joystick shíte...grrr :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

i prefer any of the one with Kirks crew in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

" I shall leve you as you left me Kirk... Buried alive!"

"Khhhaaaannn...(echo Khhhaan (echo khhaan (echo Khan...)))"

I could recite the whole film :)
    So many great moments and the best soundtrack of the lot.

I have been waiting for the dvd for ages and just bought it today. So im off home to watch it.

Class First Contact quote:

"They invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds, and we fall back. No more, the line must be drawn here. This far, no farther. And I will make them pay for what they've done." - Picard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

First contact

"Look. He wouldn't even talk to me unless I had a drink with him. And then, it took three shots of something called 'tequila' just to find out that HE was the one we're looking for! And I've spent the last twenty minutes trying to keep his hands off me! So don't go criticizing my counseling techniques!" -- Troi

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Originally posted by kaids
    Class First Contact quote:

"They invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds, and we fall back. No more, the line must be drawn here. This far, no farther. And I will make them pay for what they've done." - Picard

yea, really good quote that, Patrick Steward definitly best sci-fi series actor i've ever seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Originally posted by Washout
    most definetly the Wrath of Khan... ricardo(guy from fantasy island) made such a great klingon and rival to Kirk.

Err, but I thought he was some sort of genetically engineered "super-human", rather than a Klingon?

/me wonders if i'm just splitting hairs (again...)???

Gadget

Originally posted by Inspector Gadget
    Err, but I thought he was some sort of genetically engineered "super-human", rather than a Klingon?
    Yes i believe so

Advertisement