Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WhiteWashMan wants to know..

Options
  • 05-02-2002 12:13am
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Do you really like your job or not?

Do you like your job? 76 votes

Yes, I love it
    0% 0 votes
    No, I hate it
    31% 24 votes
    It'll do for now
    21% 16 votes
    I'm planning on caling in sick for the rest of the year
    47% 36 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

What's a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

jesus yes i love work.

i can't wait until they let me go-we are closing down

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

my cats breath smells of dog food....

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This is on the presumption one has a job (other than spamming boards)

Can we have some more options

1. I don't have a job, but would do anything to have one
    2. I don't have a job and am waiting for the right one
    3. I don't have a job and am too lazy to work
    4. I don't have a job and don't want one . . . . . . . . <
    ME
    5. Self-employed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

What about the option:

Just using it as a cover for other covert activities.

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I sit on my ass all day surfing the net hmmm yes i think any bone idle person (me) would like my job. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

my job will do, its beneath me i suppose but i get paid a **** load more money for doing very little than i actually need to live off so im happy money wise. Happy in what i do, its piss easy i tell spanners how to fix their computers.. by spanners i mean IT technicians and network administrators who dont know a sca drive from a loose screw in their servers! Bastards probably make more money than even me and i tell them how to do their job! But i get to sit on my arse surfing the boards all day.. phun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

And guess what I have the exact same job as Saruman, but I think he earns a little bit more than me, bitch!

Anyway this board makes up for the boredom factor in the job, well this plus some online crosswords.

I suppose I like it, saves me doing any real work for now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

The people themselves are great, just the Company is not so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

It's grand for now. It's the cushiest number I ever did! I am the night-receptionist at my college and some nights I don't have to do anything.

My job basically involve logging complaints and helping people if they're lost but hardly anyone ever comes up and some nights nobody comes up. I can take breaks whenever I want because I'm the only one here.

The hourly rate is good but the only problem is that I only work 8 hours a week so it's only really for a bit of pocket money. It also gives me the chance to "study" because the nights are so quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Working is great

Get paid to sit at a desk....post on the boards...do the irish times xword..

Chat to my friends.

and to get paid for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Originally posted by Washout
    Working is great

Get paid to sit at a desk....post on the boards...do the irish times xword..

Chat to my friends.

and to get paid for it.

I know what your talking about........lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Must say, i love my job!
    all the free coffee i want and i don't really need to do much, easy nine to 4 office job but it my dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

I'm not to fond of mine, the work is fine and I know what I'm doing, but the pressure is unreal sometimes. On the road all the time rushing to get to a site were the server is down.. as soon as I get there, 200 ppl are on my back ... 'whats wrong with the server', 'get it back up now'. As soon as I get it up, its on the road again.. get to another site.. no time for lunch, and on top of that, I don't get paid much (no overtime even though I'm expected to stay on site till problem is solved).
    I'm looking to 'settle down' with a single network or two on a permanent basis so I can browse boards.ie all day :D lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i work as a retail manager part time coz still in college being doing it for the past four years and the pressure can be pretty bad sometimes, i think it pays well though as i'm only part time and it beats Mcdonalds and i've got some good experience from it.
    the people are nice though at the moment the place is understaffed and customers are a bitch in general.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I had changed job since I started this poll, much happier where it is. more people etdc, but its a bit away from home. :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I love my job at the moment, the guys I work with are sound, the company is small and very personal..

Getting my hands on all new toys as they come in..

Money could be better and its location isnt the best, but they are minor issues that I can live with..

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Originally posted by Irish_Ranger_IR
    I know what your talking about........lol

Aye, you're about to be made redundant.

No seriously, you are. Start a-looking for work elsewhere.

I love my job, I just don't make any money :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I voted that I'm happy enough - would also be happy enough jacking it all in and going somewhere interesting and teaching English for a year or two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I love meh job,tiz the best ever.:D

( check my profile if your curious )

CombatCow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

i love mine.
    Left just before everyone in the company got made redundant.
    Funny thing is tho, all of the programmers are now making more money contracting than they ever made before full-time in that **** hole.
    Only the managers of the old company couldn't get a job after it folded :):):) needless to say everyone else was delighted for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

thats a fairly cool job combatcow does it pay the bills?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Working partime in telesales in the evening, trying to find something better during the day.

Any network/PC companies in the galway area need an experienced technician? :)

Advertisement