Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge Win2k patch available

Options
  • 03-02-2002 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

If you don't already know, in keeping with their new interest in security, Micro$oft have released a 17MB patch for Win2K.
    (you must have sp2 installed)

D/L it here

Register article

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Have it here ready to install but I think I'll try it on a work PC first to see what changes it makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think I'll download that in college tomorrow. Anyone got any detailed information about what it actually does?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

I think if my next year programming courses don't impose windows specific software on me I will nuke my windoze partition and go native.

/Find my inner celt\.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I think if it keeps raining, I might get myself an umbrella.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I got it through Windows Update, which uses a pre-installer to find out what you need. The pre-installer is a half-meg, and my download was about 3-4 megs. Far as I can see, it just incorporates previous patches (which you won't need if you're patched up) and adds a couple of fresh ones. Nothing odd yet anyway.

adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement