Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any one do physics at Ashfield? or has done?

Options
  • 01-02-2002 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

At the mo. I signed up to Ashfield grids in Physics....
    Waste of money, the teacher talks at like 100 mph + uses the abreviations in all his work. He also says everything is 'so easy' when that stuff that is 'so easy' is why im in the fu<king class.
    If you ask a question - are they not suppost to answer you - as opposed to laughing at you in front of 50 people?

I admit - some parts stuck, but the rest was ****!

Anyone know if The Institute is worth giving a go at?

reD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

post your physics question here and maybe we can help you...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

From what I've heard over the years, ashfield and the institute barely differ in the way they work. They make you sit for hours doing the same subject (which is never good) and are strict on study. Everyone I ever knew who went said it was worth going just for the notes however. Apparently they're the best you can get. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

I'm doing biology grinds in the institute and they are excellent and german grinds in ashfield which are also great but my friend is going to german in the institute and she hates them so it really depends on who you get to teach...

I know a girl doing physics grinds on a friday night in the institute and she thinks they're good but you've probably missed a lot of the course by now...

although the crash courses at christmas and easter aren't a perfect solution, for people like me who can't revise well they're great as the notes are good and at this stage I'm familiar with most of the course so what the teachers say sticks...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Grinds can be good but there is no substitute for just pulling out the book and studying it for a few hours, it'd suprise you how much you can do in a few hours work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Originally posted by RASKOLNIKOV
    it'd suprise you how much you can do in a few hours work

It'd also suprise you how little one can get done too, and how much of that work sticks...

reD.

• Advertisement
Advertisement