Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The languages, Frnch vs. Spanish

Options
  • 01-02-2002 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭

Okay this is for ayone who did/does Spainish and French. And i'm just comparing them. I did both up untill 4th year and dropped french cause imho i think spainish is piss easy compared to it. Quite a few people agree with me on this that Spainish is just an easy language i.e written. Aurals are a bitch but orals okay. Its so much more similair to English, syntax, pronunciation, grammer, the EASIEST verbs/irregular verbs ever (except maybe irish).

But i think french is really hard, pronunciation, grammer. pronouns, spelling but aural is easier.

But what i find werid is that a lot more people do french, i think that if every1 did spainish and french at start together and chose one, a lot more would do spainish. French has just become hte dominant language for leaving cert.

Even though i think language is easier there is really no diffrence in the exams, both are quite hard

HAs anyone else noticed this with french and spainish?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

I would have to say..... no :D

The only reason, it seems, you find Spanish easier is because all your French teachers were, lets say, "sub-par" in comparison to your Spanish teachers.
    French
    1st year: AoD.
    2nd year: Babs
    3rd year: Babs
    4th year: Mme chappy

(all the above names have been changed some what ;))

Get my drift?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

NO thats no it cause I still got the same results in Spainish and in French until Fourth year, i just think its an easier language for English speakers, verbs, pronouns, vocabulary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Sangre said...
    The languages, Frnch vs. Spanish

HAs anyone else noticed this with french and spainish?

How about the English Language first?

Sorry couldn't resist pointing out the irony.
    Please ignore....I'm in a Giddy Mood:D

Advertisement