Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metallica S&M dvd

Options
  • 31-01-2002 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

didnt know whethere to put this on the music boards or here, but since its a dvd, i'll stick it here.

i got this for my birthday yesterdy and i have to say its absolutely amazing.
    im still in complete shockas to how amazing it is.
    mind you, i get to play it on a very big surround sound set up with a 43 inch rear projection screen, so even home and away looks good on it.
    but between extra videos, documentries, different angle shots on some of the tracks and the fact that its the dvd of one of my favourite albums, just completely blew me away.
    if your a fan, then a definate must get.
    even if its just for james hetfields perm :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yeah its a bloody good DVD. You should get Cunning Stunts and "Metallica: A Year and a half in the Life of" as well. Both make excellent use of my Surround Sound Speakers.

And always make sure you play them loud !!! :)

Gandalf.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Where did you get it and how much was it ?
    Play247.com don't have it.

Try http://www.dvdcrave.com or http://www.ezydvd.com.au as the S&M DVD is encoded both for Region2 (us) & Region (4) Austrailia.

It should be alot cheaper from there.

Gandalf.

Thanks Gandalf, I have just ordered it from ezydvd at a cost of €25 (inc. shipping).
    Not bad considering it costs about €40 here.

Yeah they're normally quite fast as well. You should have your shiny new dvd's dropping throught the door in a week.

Man Irish & English etailers could learn an awful lot from the Aussies from my experience.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I bought it in HMV.

Out of the (almost 100) DVD's I have, it's probably the best.

Fantastic stuff- ... happy to be in FULL agreement with WWMan on this one.

Superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Bard
    I bought it in HMV.

happy to be in FULL agreement with WWMan on this one.

Superb.

uuuuugh!

i feel so dirty :)

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

uuuuugh!

i feel so dirty :)

Yeah, I know.... me too....

I expect the feeling will subside shortly, though. :p

I bought it in HMV.

Just out of curiousity, how much did you pay for it in HMV, Bard ?

Originally posted by Samson

Just out of curiousity, how much did you pay for it in HMV, Bard ?

I don't recall... it was October or November last year that I got it... I *think* it was around the IR£32 mark.

• Advertisement

Thanks Bard.

However, it just goes to show that we are being totally ripped off in this country when it comes to consumer goods.
    €40 here versus €25 (includes shipping) from Australia.
    Even allowing for web discounting, for the most part we are asked to pay way over the odds on the "high street" in Ireland. :mad:

I could be wrong about that price.... it was definitely more than £25...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yes I've seen this, but not on my rig. I must buy this. Yes. I shall be one with Bard and Whitewashman. Yes. Hmmm.

Yes.

UnnnFF!

Originally posted by amp

Yes. I shall be one with Bard and Whitewashman. Yes. Hmmm.

Yes.

UnnnFF!

That made me laugh more than anything else today.

Thank you, amp.

...Bard.

...who is sitting up in bed, at 3.35am watching the S&M DVD on his laptop, on his lap (listening on headphones)... this thing RAWWWWKS!

That made me laugh more than anything else today.

Thank you, amp.

...Bard.

...who is sitting up in bed, at 3.35am watching the S&M DVD on his laptop, on his lap (listening on headphones)... this thing RAWWWWKS!

strange, if i was on my laptop in bed at 3 in the morning, id be watching pr0n........

but, whatever blows your skirt up....

Lemme see... ahh... I was working that night- and had just gotten home.

I seem to work on a different timeframe to many people, WWM, - getting my sleep between, say, 5 or 6 am and 1 or 2 pm... being a barman, I'm sure, contributes to that...

so sticking on S&M at 3am while sitting on my bed isn't really quite all as strange as it may seem... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

It's okay Bard, Wwman is just pulling away from the sudden intimate situation of agreeing with you. I think he fancies you.

My DVD has arrived today from Australia (EzyDVD).
    I ordered it on the 1st, that's 10 days it took (not too bad considering it came from Australia and delivery cost was minimal).
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭binman

Anyone agree that new song "no leaf clover" is one of their best works EVER! The song rawks! Its perfect for orchestra aswell.

Originally posted by binman
    Anyone agree that new song "no leaf clover" is one of their best works EVER! The song rawks! Its perfect for orchestra aswell.

Err that song is bollixs compared to their early stuff. Tracks like "Harvester of Sorrow" & "One" piss all over it.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by gandalf

Err that song is bollixs compared to their early stuff. Tracks like "Harvester of Sorrow" & "One" piss all over it.

Gandalf.

hmmm, im not sure about that.

Advertisement