Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperBowl

Options
  • 30-01-2002 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

The thread on Eurosport reminded me of this...

Is the SuperBowl only going to be live on Sky Sports Extra, or will non Sky Digital subscribers be able to catch it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

As far as im aware coverage starts on Sky Sports one at 10:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Luvverly Jubbly.

Cheers, Washout.

yup it is...it sux that the season was shown on sky sports extra..at least they had the saturday night games on sunday morning on sky sports 2 or 3....but the sunday ones on monday..when we are at work *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I remember when they used to show it on C4, that used to be cool. I also remember when C4 used to show the NBA All Star Game, man how I miss that so much.
    I don't think they even show the All Star Game on Sky Sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Who's playing in it this year anyway?

• Advertisement

New England Patriots V St Louis Rams

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Britney in the half-time show again this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

U2 played as well. Apparently they had about 5 or 6 mins to set up their heart shaped stage that they used on the elevation tour, played four songs, then tooke the stage down again before play resumed. Way too much hassle if you ask me. So what if they're playing to 1billion people. I could do that, i just don't want to.

I thought U2 were excellent....They were there to appeal to the "god bless america" folks which they did well...

but what a game I really really enjoyed the game.. There were times during the game where...id be screaming at the TV "rush it dont pass it" and not having a clue why iwas shouting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yeah they were great! Game was very enjoyable too. Sadly, I hit the hay, after the third quarter, thinking it was a forgone conclusion, missing possibly the best quarter... D'oh..

Yeah, U2 were kinda sickly sweet God bless America, weren't they? I mean, Bono with the star spangled banner on the inside of his jacket?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I turned it on at 12 for a few minutes and ended up watching the whole thing until it finished at 3, very entertaining it was too. I was tempted to go to bed around the end of the 3rd quarter too, glad now that I didn't, very exciting end :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Most of the action was in the 4th and a cool field goal with 6 left on the clock.
    Some guys must have made a fortune, with the Patriots down for a 14 point loss.

Advertisement