Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astronomy

Options
  • 25-01-2002 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Dont have much to say on this, new thread and all.. Anyway i dont see one on astronomy anywhere in here so i think its time there is.

Firstly for anyone interested Jupiter will be Occulted on Satuday January 26th (tomorrow at date of post) For anyone who does not know what that means.. Basically just before 6pm there will be an almost full moon and Jupiter (the brightest thing other than the moon) will pass behind the moon and re-appear on the other side.. to the naked eye its maybe interesting.. through binoculars it will be very cool, through telescope on low - medium mag it will be spectacular seeing Jupiter pass behind the craters of the moon and emerge on the other side..
    This will happen again in Feb but not then in this country for about 30 years..

www.astronomy.ie for info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

unfortunatly Jupiters occultation was clouded over, that and i went to see spygames on the night but it was clouded over anyway so i missed it regardless.. when it cleared up later i could see Jupiter to the bottom right where it had come out from behind the moon. Will have to wait till Feb now for the next one

Advertisement