Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderators are bad losers

Options
  • 24-01-2002 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

To Gandalf

YOU SAY>>>

This thread is decending into drivel and personal insults and on the Politics boards what does that mean audience .....................

Yes its closed faster than a Nazi website is pulled from Yahoo.

Gandalf
    __________________________________________________________________________________

So this is Irish diplomacy is it?

When Moderators are out matched by a little humour, they sulk and pull threads. How childish.

Especially after I personally recommended your web site to a cabinet minister early this week.

Oh bye the way!

Decending is spelt descending.

Good night boys.

Yours

Alias Bob

:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

then you havent met Castor Troy yet. :)

if you wish to write personal messages to moderators (to Gandalf) i would suggest you use PM system.

adnans

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Alias Bob

YOU SAY >>>
    "You are illiterate, so why not get training yourself for that matter. There are some excellent Adult Education Courses for backward people these days, would you like me to send you a brochure. "

I SAY >>>
    You closed you're own thread. I just read through the entire thread and after 4 years of running this site I've a remarkably good compass for people who are the root cause of arguments.

In just about every case of rudeness in that thread, you were the one who made fairly uncalled for comments.
    ":p:p:p:p:p:p" does not, actually, fix all insults.

Gandalf was 100% correct in locking that thread as it was descending into mud slinging and everything that could usefully be said (and that was *going* to be said) about the issue, had been.

Thank you for promoting our site to the British Government but we have more then enough muppets here for the moment. Thank you.

oh, you'll be needing this:

setmypeoplefree.jpg

and one of these...

hobbesspiral.jpg

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I heard Gandalf killed a man once. His name was also Alias Bob. But hell probably just leave it at deleting the thread so dont run for the hills just yet:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Thank you for promoting our site to the British Government but we have more then enough muppets here for the moment. Thank you.

LOL :D

Played.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Originally posted by Alias Bob
    To Gandalf

YOU SAY>>>

This thread is decending into drivel and personal insults and on the Politics boards what does that mean audience .....................

Yes its closed faster than a Nazi website is pulled from Yahoo.

Gandalf
    __________________________________________________________________________________

So this is Irish diplomacy is it?

When Moderators are out matched by a little humour, they sulk and pull threads. How childish.

Especially after I personally recommended your web site to a cabinet minister early this week.

Oh bye the way!

Decending is spelt descending.

Good night boys.

Yours

Alias Bob

:D:D:D

Well how was I matched by a little humour.

We have had problems in the past with people using a "little humour" so there is a zero tolerance policy here to personal insults whether they be in jest or not.

No sulking here I'm afraid. I didn't look at this thread for a few days when I came back to it, you and another member were bickering with each other and the topic that originally started the thread was dead !

As regards recommending our site to a "cabinet minister" thank you we always need new members of the highest calibre.

Oh and thanks for correcting my spelling, its really nice to have such clever people to set me on the right path.

Oh and just for your interest "bye the way" is actually "by the way".

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Oh no!!! He's correcting your spelling!!! Clearly on the next plane of intelligence!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by DeVore

ROFLMFAO!!:D:D

/me wipes a tear from my eye.....oh man, that one's goin in my sig :D:D plyd DeV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by gandalf

, you and another member were bickering with each other and the topic that originally started the thread was dead !.

i wasnt bickering, i was just putting forward my argument.
    not my fault if some people just cant accept a different point of view.

anywy, im delighted to say that the majority of people in england are all much brighter than our little spark of joy here.

which is nice....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Originally posted by Regi

hmm

take it, orange boy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I think you've all made your point by now.

Thread closed.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

take it, orange boy!

don't make me route the parade through your room

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement