Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Caught spying on China again.

Options
  • 19-01-2002 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Story here

This time instead of the US giving them a hi-tech spy plane, they give them hi-tech spying devices. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Still it beats allowing the (mad,totalitarian,subhuman,hell-bent-on-destroying-the-world) Chinese to steal nuclear secrets, clearly only the US should have nukes, cause they are god chosen, shame on anyone who suggests otherwise :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭paddymee

?
    Still it beats allowing the (mad,totalitarian,subhuman,hell-bent-on-destroying-the-world) Chinese to steal nuclear secrets, clearly only the US should have nukes, cause they are god chosen, shame on anyone who suggests otherwise

So, governments spy on other governments.

What's you point again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Noo it's allllll a very easy to explain mistake. The CIA did install them but *that* plane was supposed to be delivered to the Russians... yea thats it... the Russians.... sorry bout the mistake. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

i wish i was around for the U2 spy plane incident, i'd have to take a week off to sit in some darkened room laughing bout it

seriously......spying is an art that america was never good at, but taking the americans on in spying is like trying to argue with an idiot...he drags you down to his level and beats you with expierence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭paddymee

seriously......spying is an art that america was never good at, but taking the americans on in spying is like trying to argue with an idiot...he drags you down to his level and beats you with expierence

So they win the spying game, right? Thats good isn't it? Rather silly statement.

Must be all the John LeCarre books you have read.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

*shrug*

Much as I dislike and distrust the States, I'd rather think that SOMEONE was keeping an eye on China...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

em why?!?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by ayatollah
    em why?!?!?!?

It was estimated, during the cold war, that the Soviet Union could steam-roll over Western Europe in just 4 days.

The Chinese could probably do that to the ENTIRE Eurasian Continent (albeit in slightly more than 4 days of course).

Hence the reason that it'd be the lesser of two evils to have someone watching this rather quiet and (thankfully) sleeping proveribal beast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

i doubt that china would ever go so far as to attack for conquest outside of their country.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

China is governed by a tiny elite, the effects of miscalculation in diplomacy and sword rattling which they engage in , especially over Taiwan, could lead to a larger conflict. They have already intefered in the Korean War for example. They are also uncomftable with the US suddenly intervening in Afghanistans neighbours, who previously were part of China and Russia "sphere of influence". I share the desire to see the US keep an eye on them. Given the EUs pitiful defence status and the unwillingness of people to accept an common EU defence policy, the US and NATO remains our only true security.

I would have thought that estimate regarding the Soviet Union to be a little optimistic to be honest. Its highly unlikely their forces could defeat NATO forces *and* prevent uprisings in Eastern Europe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement