Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Slippery when wet Virago's

Options
  • 19-01-2002 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭

Well had a little spin on the new dream machine(vroom vroom it went) , but the wet roads today came as a bit of a shock.

The tires on the bike have pretty thin ridges, through wair or whatever, but grip wasnt good.

The weight of the bike seems to not like taking corners.

So my question is, to any bikers out there who own ,or know someone that does, what is a good tyre to get for the Irish climate on a Yamaha Virago?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

You should try cornering on a CBR with brand new tyres in the pissing rain.... it's an experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Coyote

hey Kegser how long you been driveing a CBR ?
    or a moterbike for that matter ?

Coyote

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

longfield, is it a really cheap set of tyres on the bike? What I mean is do the tyres have some name on them that nobody in the civilised world has ever seen? Cos I had some crap thing on my back wheel and had a few slides. It split shortly after and the shop put a michelin on. Now I can almost drop the bike completely going around a roundabout without soiling myself.

I know those wheels on the virago are pretty small, specially the front one but the wheel on my intruder isint exactly a monster truck wheel either. Might be worth your while shelling out for a spankin new pair of michelins. Takes a while to wear them in but its worth it once u do

Advertisement