Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mp3's in your car?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

ummmm complicated
    im more of a cart kit kinda guy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Have to say that's great, but with one of these you could have Games too. Just have to get a better LCD screen.
    Wireless Keyboard and/or mouse would be good too.
    While parked waiting to pick up the kids whip out a quick game of quake........

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

it wouldnt fit in my car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

mmm traffic jam, vent the road rage with some cake3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

It always amazes me the lengths people go to......

You can get Linux-based MP3 playing car stereos. Most of them are dash-mounted single CD (about 150 songs?) but you can put an auto-changer in the boot. What I'm going to get for my next car though, is a new type which has a 30GB removable hard drive in the boot. Bring it in, connect it via USB/firewire, transfer all your MP3s from your 'puter and you're away. £600 English but it'll come down in price as more are launched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

OK these may be kicking audio systems when they are done but at the end of the day if you just want mp3's why not either buy an mp3 playable cd player for your car or one of those mp3 cd walkmans with a car kit.. cheap and it works..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yeha, I'#m plannning on doing that, but for the longer term these solutions kickass.
    A CD can hold about 240 4min tunes of 128kbps audio (80mins/4 x 12[average compression rate for mp3s against CDs]).
    That's plenty for just about any road trip.
    Also, what if you wanted to integrate a DivX player in the car? even with 702MB to play around with the quality may not be high enough. What then?

The one thing I'd be worried about is power supply issues.
    If you left the box on while the engine was off it would drain the juice pretty quickly.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Thats great work,
    I'd probberly be one of those people doing that when I'm older :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger
    a new type which has a 30GB removable hard drive in the boot.

Hello? :)

You don't have to go to all that trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Of course you could just burn a couple of cds,
    a couple of hundred that is...... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Kenwood KDC-MP6090R MP3 CD Player

I have this baby, ordered from this site. No problems with it, looks the biz, great sound off it and i can get 15 albums on 1 cd-r :)

theres a number of other head units avail for mp3 playback as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Nice ButcherOfNog... nice... um Ce mhead Euro?

I wonder does it have a buffer so it loads the mp3 into mem and plays from mem so it does not skip.. only had my cd player skip once.

Advertisement