Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lnbf rotation

Options
  • 13-01-2002 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

My digibox should be arriving tomorrow, so I need some info on aligning the dish. I've aligned a dish before, back in the analogue days. But I've heard that with digital it needs to be much better aligned, especially considering I have some (light) tree cover.

I have a 60cm mesh dish (a few years old), ALPS universal lnbf and a basic alignement meter. I might go for a solid dish if the reception isn't good, I'll see...

Anyway, via this page http://www.satsig.net/ssazelm.htm I have my basic elevation and magnetic azimuth headings. I have a question about "polarisation tilt." Is this the amount that the lnbf should be rotated, i.e. those little numbers on the lnbf. I understand that this is for aligning properly with the horiz. and vert. signal? The aforementioned page gave me a value of -17 degrees. Does this sound about right? (I'm in Holland) Is rotating the LNB really important, should I do it or just leave it a zero?

Advertisement