Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra Sky Boxes

Options
  • 11-01-2002 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I was just speaking to someone at the Sky call centre asking about getting extra Sky boxes (with the discounted subscriptions). The girl said this service isn't available in Ireland yet at the installers here haven't been trained yet. She said they were going through training at the moment, and that it would be available in Feb/March.

Does anyone know if this is true? Any Sky installers on this site being 'trained' as we speak? Or are they fobbing me off?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Interesting. I presume that this training is for the installation of the Sky + system. I have it installed already and it wasn't the most complicated thing in the world by any stretch. If Sky would hurry up and just sort out the Irish pricing for the mirror sub (and the Sky + features) I expect that the installers would be able to install the 2nd boxes straight away.

The installers are going to be up the walls :) come March and April as I expect a large number of people will get Sky once RTÉ come on board. Why push out the launch of the new services to coincide with this busy spell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lisa

I think its cos they have to change something on the dish as well as install the boxes - add four LNBs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

If they can assemble and put up a dish, then adding another LNB is nothing to them ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by Lisa
    I was just speaking to someone at the Sky call centre asking about getting extra Sky boxes (with the discounted subscriptions). The girl said this service isn't available in Ireland yet at the installers here haven't been trained yet. She said they were going through training at the moment, and that it would be available in Feb/March.

Does anyone know if this is true? Any Sky installers on this site being 'trained' as we speak? Or are they fobbing me off?

Thanks

Well since they did not bother training them to fit single lnbs I find this hard to believe. There is no big deal about fitting a quattro lnb if you have the right tools and professional attitude. There are other reasons why it has not been launched and staff training is not one of them, unfortunately sky are the only ones who can enlighten us on this.

Regards Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement