Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bbc ftv card

Options
  • 09-01-2002 11:50pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering if anybody could help me. I am looking to get a BBC ftv card from a friend of mine who lives over in London. He has a TV licence but does not subscribe to Sky Digital.
    Is it possible for him to get a card and send it over to Ireland? And will it work in my digi box?.
    I know there are things that he will need to do like giving the serial number of my digi box but who does he have to get in touch with? Does anyone know the phone numbers he will have to call?

And what channels will I be able to receive.

Thank you……

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭rovingrover

See

http://www.freetoview.co.uk/

You need his address incl postcode,
    get him to post the card to you.

You then need to ring again and give your
    serial number. Obviously don't
    mention you live in the Republic of Ireland.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Thanks for that info but to be honest what i was really looking for is information on how my friend in london would be able to get a ftv card as he has no ideai on how to get one for me.

I understand that i will need to give him my serial number and my version number but how does he go about getting the card in the first place.

Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Advertisement