Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rte and astra

Options
  • 08-01-2002 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭

why do rte need a new dish to put there channels on sky?
    They must have a dish to put rte radio 1 on sky so why wont they use the same dish to put rte, net 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I think I mentioned it on an earlier thread, but RTÉ Radio 1 is not directly broadcast onto Astra by RTÉ.

At present, RTÉ uplink Tara TV from Dublin to Intelsat 601, then BSkyB then uplink to Astra 2, and RTÉ Radio 1 is broadcast through the World Radio Network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Baz999

I know that when RTE Radio was broadcast via Astra-1 analogue, the signal was sent by a fibre land-line to London, and BT uplinked to 19.2 deg.east. I assume it's the same when RTE transferred to 28.2, which explains why RTE didn't need their own uplink dish.

Advertisement