Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky News; Where's Frank Partridge?

Options
  • 08-01-2002 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

You may remember last month in the tabloids that Frank Partridge and Kay Burley had a bit of a spat off-air, this clarifies matters...

http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,629140,00.html

Partridge appeals against Sky sacking

Frank Partridge, the Sky News presenter who was sacked after slapping co-presenter Kay Burley, is to appeal against his dismissal.

The journalist, who co-presented Sky News's Live at Five bulletin with Burley, was dismissed just before Christmas after admitting he hit his co-presenter during a row off air.

Partridge and Burley - who were romantically linked in the past - clashed about their on-air roles after their bulletin.

Partridge was immediately suspended before being hauled up before an hour-long disciplinary panel, but has asked for an appeal, believing he was wrongfully dismissed.

The appeal will be heard in the next two weeks.

Partridge, who refused to speak to MediaGuardian.co.uk on the grounds that he did not want to jeopardise his appeal, is thought to believe he has a right to clear his name after the incident.

Staff at Sky News sympathise with Partridge, who is popular among staff, but believe he could not have been allowed to continue in his role after hitting a colleague.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

Interesting story.

However i have had an e-mail this afternoon from Sky saying that Bob Friend will be back on Sky News later in the month. Great news as i think both Bob and Anna make an excellent team in presenting the news.

On the subject of Sky news, has anyone seen the guy that presents the news late at night?? he is terrible and when he speaks you can just about hear what he is saying.

I also notice that the ITN newschannel is showing during the day, reports which the reporter ends.... ITV news.... When is the change of name happening????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Thought Bob had retired, according to another forum, he has'nt been on since July. I loved the way he used to bring Anna Botting to tears at each programme, BUT not in the way that Partridge brought Kay Burley to tears............

Is that Gordan Radley or the other black haired bloke?
    It's a pity Simon McCoy is doing Sunrise now, never see that show, and IMHO, he's the best newsreader on Sky.

Has Review of the Year stopped yet???

Start of the year for ITV News, IIRC...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Rebel18

I thought that sky have fired partridge, im sure he left crying.
    I remember reading it in the mirror last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

He wasn't sacked straight away, just excused from TV on full pay until the disciplinary hearing. Then he got sacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Originally posted by PacMan
    has anyone seen the guy that presents the news late at night?? he is terrible and when he speaks you can just about hear what he is saying.

That the guy that seems kindy shaky as if hes going to cry or something ? Hes pretty bad alright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement