Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky pricing question

Options
  • 07-01-2002 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

First of all I'm new, so hi. I'm amazed this group exists. Brilliant idea to join resources.

Now

Up to recently i had the family package at £16 per month. IR£16 that is. In Nov I changed to Popular mix IR£13 (as Sky quoted to me) + Disney IR£5. However when I rang them up they tell me thay will be charging the Euro equivalent of £18stg, not IR£18.

What do the rest of my Irish Sky viewers pay? Do you pay The equivalent of the STG prices.

Help please

Pbuggy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

In September 2001 Sky put up all their subscription prices. This was supposedly to "bring your monthly charge more in line with our customers in the UK..." (It also nicely worked out to be an even amount when converted to Euro. Coincidence? I think not...).

My family pack sub went from IR£16 to IR21.26 (or €27...), but the price increase is frozen until April 2002 because they cannot put up the price in your first year of subscription because you cannot cancel your sub in the first year. However if you change your subscription then they are allowed to charge you the new price.

HTH,

Glenn

Advertisement