Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Digital help

Options
  • 07-01-2002 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Im thinking about getting Sky Digital.But i've been put off by the fact that you have to watch the same channel on every tv in my house.Sky told me that i would have to buy another Digital box from them if wanted to be able to watch 2 different channels on different tv's in my house.

Is the any cheap way around this ?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

It is cheaper to buy the two Digi boxes off them.. if you're that fussy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Apparantly Sky have developed a new box which allows you to watch different channels from the same box. It will also offer Dolby 5.1 out for the ultimate in home cinema experience. Don't ask me when though !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

The new box that thegills is talking about is the Sky + box. You cannot watch two seperate channels at the same time, however you can watch one and record another.

The cheapest way to get two different channels on two TV's is to get a second digibox. You can get these reasonably enough on auction websites such as www.ebay.co.uk. You will need to get a second card which at the moment in the republic is still full price. However Sky are soon to introduce a mirror subscription which will allow you to have the same package on the second box at a reduced price. This costs £12 Stg in the UK.

Advertisement