Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirt biking in ireland?

Options
  • 06-01-2002 8:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Is it done? Where? Is it organised?

Just wondering. I just started dirt biking recently in the US and only rode on the street at home so have no idea what the crack is.

Paddy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'd like to know this too :)

(Yes I know I bumped a thread after 4 years, found it with google)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

oldposts.jpg

and moved to motorbikes...!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Buy yourself an enduro bike and roam around, you will always find some dirt to ride on.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lissacahaluke

Hey guys i just done the same as dave after 4 years but googled it and it turned up so any info?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

jeas this is the oldest thread iv ever seen dug upon boards lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Try the T.O.R.C. Ireland website. But more than likely the OP is probaby married with kids now or living in Australia or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Give the forum on www.motocross.ie a look they have all the information you need.

http://forum.motocross.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Just found this on a search too!!!

- I'll never understand why these Zombie threads are simply locked; They're still useful?

Thanks all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭TM RACING

I've been doing motocross and enduro in ireland for the last four years. It is very well organised with some event to be doing almost every weekend. If you are new to it, it can be a bit intimidating getting set up with all the gear, ( bike, helmet, boots........, van/trailer .ect)but it is great craic and not that expensive once you stay away from four strokes and stick to the two strokes. As the last lad said, motocross.ie is a great place to find out details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

TM RACING wrote: »
    I've been doing motocross and enduro in ireland for the last four years. It is very well organised with some event to be doing almost every weekend. If you are new to it, it can be a bit intimidating getting set up with all the gear, ( bike, helmet, boots........, van/trailer .ect)but it is great craic and not that expensive once you stay away from four strokes and stick to the two strokes. As the last lad said, motocross.ie is a great place to find out details.

ah now. the 4 strokes are not that bad. .. 80 hrs for a piston on mine. like to see a stroker with an 80hr piston.

• Advertisement

I have a thumper, a TM 250F to be exact and I am a student so I am sick to death of changing the oil and filters. I had a TM 125 and now I am wishing i never changed. A rebuild on a stroker is not a big deal but it can be very expensive on a four stroke.

well it can be expensive to be fair to ya.

a recent piston and rings cost 110 and the gasket set was another 35 on a SXF 250 ktm. Taking apart the cams and timing can be tricky, but not the second time around.

but its not that often.

oil every 10 hours and filter I give 20. she has 170 hours on her now and still pulls like new. Enduro and H&H not motox.

I do it because I prefare the 4st power delivery . I just cant tame the stroker;)

You change you're oil after 10 hrs, I change mine after 3 hrs. You do filter after 20, I do filter after 6. Now do you see why I am sick of four strokes. I admit that 3 hrs is very regular to change oil but I like to look after the bike, it won't do it any harm anyway. Have'nt said that, I mainly do moto x so it is a bit harder on the bike.

TM RACING wrote: »
    You change you're oil after 10 hrs, I change mine after 3 hrs. You do filter after 20, I do filter after 6. Now do you see why I am sick of four strokes. I admit that 3 hrs is very regular to change oil but I like to look after the bike, it won't do it any harm anyway. Have'nt said that, I mainly do moto x so it is a bit harder on the bike.

every 3 hours would mean me stopping half way through a decent ride out to change my oil.

I do it by the book to be honest. And at 15 euro for oil and 7 for a filter, it becomes very costly to do any sooner.

I use motorex 10/50 fully synth. As recommended by KTM. As ya know it is top shelf stuff. 10 hours of enduro riding would not break it down and its like new when I dump it.

I would not be a hard on the throttle type of person as well.

I use bel-ray at 12 euro a litre. The most i ever ride is three hours (long cross ect.) so it is not much of an inconvience for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tae257

Any updates on this lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

2002! Nice!

I learned more about handling bikes from the time I spent on, and off, my YZ125 in the dirt when I was 11 years old than all the 30+ years since. I highly suggest a dirt bike as your first if you have the areas to ride it in.

Advertisement