Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to put addittional LNB on a 60cm dish

Options
  • 05-01-2002 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi I need some help now. I got a 60cm dish with one LNB
    and it facing 28.2 East for Sky digital. But how do I
    put the other Universal LNB i brought today to facing 19.2 East
    how is it possible as my dish is facing 28.2.
    P.S. What other things do I need to put the additonal
    Universal LNB on my 60cm Dish. So help me please .
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

You can't. The distance between the satellites is too great, and your dish is too small. Even if you wanted to try it, you need to buy an adapter to hold the 2 LNBs in the dish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

I already said in the previous thread tombenjr that a 60cm dish would not be enough for you.
    You will need a bigger dish than 60CM just to see Astra 19.2 and bigger again to see hotbird.
    You will need a second dish for Astra 1, so my advice to you is to get a pro installer out with a range of dishs from 1M up to maybe 1.5M and see which one will work with an Astra/Hotbird monoblock.(maybe your local installer will already know what dish you need).
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lunchy

I have a 1m dish with 13Deg, 19Deg and 28Deg, all perfect.

A 80cm would be too small, rainclouds would reduce the signal strength too much.

Advertisement